Our Platform. Your Advancement.
At DLA Piper, innovation and challenging the status quo are the vital spark to how we think and what we do. Together, we create exceptional experiences, outcomes and growth for our clients and people.
We make this happen with a culture where you bring your passion and individuality to work every day. We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, and seizing opportunities and commercial edge.
As Process Improvement Lead, you will deploy Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to directly support our legal practice groups and external clients to develop and implement improvements in line with DLA Piper's business process improvement program. You will oversee and manage a full programme of project activity around making our business better.
The Business Process Improvement team aim to bring about large scale business and legal performance improvements within the practice groups at DLA Piper and on behalf of our Clients. We work directly with practice groups to stream-line and simplify existing processes, while improving the holistic delivery and management of matters for our clients.
Our process improvement experts follow the Lean Six Sigma methodology to support both the business & our clients in streamlining processes and delivering greater value services.
Experience of change management is essential along with exposure to a broad range of IT tools and systems. You will be confident and persuasive when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
This role will ideally be based in Leeds or London, but the Process Improvement Lead may be expected to travel as and when required as part of their role.
There is enormous change happening in our industry, be part of our established team of experts who are passionate about change management and CI thinking.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the services of the Process Improvement team as well as those of other departments (legal project management, tech, resourcing) as part of a holistic solutions based approach
- Support DLA Piper's internal and external stakeholders in process improvement project scoping, definition, design and implementation
- Embed the processes and technology necessary to differentiate us in the marketplace
- Specifically manage an existing programme of works and project on robotic process automation
- Have demonstrable skill managing technical projects and line managing technical teams
- Document various business processes using VSM and process mapping tools including Visio and manage other teams who are doing this work
- Produce legal standards documents by working with our professional support lawyers
- Facilitate process improvement training at yellow belt level
- Work with cross-functional teams on scoping, identifying and building value-added solutions backed by sound processes
- Provide process-driven solutions for identified business needs
- Professional with a client-centric attitude, and a proven track record of understanding and exceeding client expectations
- Driven and able to motivate a wide range of stakeholders, while meeting tight deadlines and measurable objectives for progress
- Minimum 3 years process improvement experience with a background delivering efficiencies in a FTSE 250 business (Ideally 5+ years)
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- IT literacy is essential including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Office, data analytics tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills paired with the ability to build rapport with stakeholders at all levels
- You will ideally have evidence of academic achievement and merit
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Lean Six Sigma certification is highly desirable for this position (consideration given to Agile, Lean, and other certifications)
- A legal background is desirable
- Prince 2 or similar qualification is an advantage but not essential
- If you want to be part of our journey to become the world’s leading global business law firm - helping us redefine the possible - make the leap into your future and speak to us today.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.