We are recruiting a Business Continuity Manager to be based in our London office.
The Business Continuity Manager will provide support in the development and maintenance of an effective international Business Continuity and Resilience Framework and to assist the Business Continuity and
Resilience Senior Manager to establish robust business continuity plans and procedures across the firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Senior Manager in the development of an effective international business continuity framework and plans to ensure a cohesive and efficient process is in place for the recovery and continuity of the firm's critical services
- Deputise as necessary for the Senior Manager in the event of a business interruption and cover their responsibilities in such business interruptions
- Organise the periodic series of Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plan meetings to confirm the adequacy of the current processes and recovery strategies
- Produce action lists from such meetings and ensure such agreed actions are carried through and implemented
- Provide ongoing assistance and administration in order to help the firm obtain and maintain ISO22301 certifications
- Ensure updates to Crisis Management procedures and arrangements
- Develop and implement incident management and business continuity exercises
- Execute the annual review of documentation and continually improving the framework, plans and processes
- Preparation of Board and Executive Management Reports
- Ensuring all business continuity documentation and registers / contacts are managed and kept up-to-date on a local basis
- Liaising with and strengthening working relationships with external providers of BCM Services, consultants, auditors and other stakeholders
- Liaising with Business Continuity Co-ordinators to source and collate information throughout the year to create and then maintain ISO22301 certifications
- Carry out training of Internal BCM Coordinators and ensure all internal audits are completed on time
- Report and maintain register of business continuity incidents, actions and outcomes
- Ensure controls are reviewed regularly to ensure the effectiveness of the firm's Business Continuity Framework and Documentation
- Ensuring policies are kept up to date, highlighting review dates etc
- Assist with designing and leading regular Desk-top Exercises for the firms Incident Management teams
- Assist with horizon scanning for new risks or changes in existing risks in relation to business risks, information security risks, and business continuity risks
- Experience within a business continuity environment
- Ideally a Business Continuity qualification e.g. CBCI
- Knowledge of the Business Continuity Institute's Good Practice Guidelines and / or the International Standards ISO22301, ISO22313, ISO27001 or similar standards
- Experience of building successful working relationships
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to engage effectively with employees, partners and other stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality maintained at all times
- Ability to remain calm and composed during demanding situations
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.