Our Platform. Your Ambition. Your Opportunity.
DLA Piper thrives on complex challenges and delivers exceptional results to clients. We operate globally across more than 40 countries, a team of trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers who go above and beyond to challenge the status-quo.
This is your opportunity to become an integral member of our global multidisciplinary team of lawyers, and to contribute to our market leading offering in this area. You will work with our international team to drive change, open new opportunities and accelerate growth for both our clients and our people.
If you have a commercial mind and a keen interest in activities that promote business growth, this is a tremendously exciting opportunity to develop your career with the world’s largest global law firm - reaching your full potential by exploring the opportunities and choices that shape your individual career journey.
Find out more about how to progress your career with us.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have, however, given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 4 and 8 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have strong insurance regulation and/or commercial insurance experience, preferably gained in a leading UK or international firm, or inhouse with an insurance sector client
- Can demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to our clients
- Are commercially astute and stay current on key legal and business news
- Have excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Provide a professional, quality service in a timely manner, and respond effectively to requests from internal and external clients
- Comply with professional standards and all relevant regulatory obligations
- Understand positive client support
- Work co-operatively in a team, sharing information and knowledge
- Recognise and seize opportunities for the firm, including repeat business
- Build and develop their own network of internal and external contacts
- Have an awareness of business development opportunities in the sector, can identify ways to contribute, and lead on those initiatives
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.