DLA Piper advises some of the largest financial services companies and institutions on both their day-to-day operations and wider strategic objectives. The CCI/FS Regulatory sub-group is part of the wider Litigation/Regulatory group, focusing on both Non-Contentious and Contentious Regulatory work for Financial Institutions and Global Investigations. The group advises leading Financial Institutions, banks, funds, brokers, trading firms, payment services, and other financial services.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking to recruit an Associate into DLA Piper’s market-leading CCI/FS Regulatory team in London. This is an opportunity to join a highly successful and growing team, and to play a key strategic role future development. The successful candidate will:
- Be working on regulatory work (both contentious and non-contentious)
- Contribute to the delivery of the highest technical standards of client service
- Work closely with the other members of the team on the execution of key mandates
- Assume responsibility for the running of lower value cases
- Have excellent prospects for personal career development and advancement
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 1 and 4 years PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role. Candidates are expected to have:
- Strong Regulatory and/or experience gained in a leading regional or City firm is preferable
- Experience of the Financial Services sector
- The ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively in a team, sharing information and knowledge
- The ability to provide professional, quality service, executed in a timely manner and to respond effectively to requests from internal and external clients
- Commercial awareness and understanding of current key legal and business issues
- Experience of business development initiatives and the ability to identify ways to contribute collaboratively to the development of the team’s relationships with clients
- A desire to develop an effective network of internal and external contacts
- Strong personal motivation, and a desire to manage and develop their own career path.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.