This role will play a vital role in shaping the operations and approach for Business Services recruitment for the
region. With management responsibility for a team of three, this is a key position within the International Talent Acquisition team and plays an integral part in the embedding of our international talent acquisition offering.
You will take a lead role in delivering a 'best in class' recruitment experience for candidates and your internal stakeholders, and well as developing an approach to help you and the team deliver this agenda within the region.
Valued for your strong leadership and the specialism of recruitment, you will take ownership of candidate experience, employer brand and talent identification, as well as the quality of service to the business for your region.
Striking the right balance between strategic partnering, acting as a trusted advisor and operational excellence ensuring delivery of the recruitment service to the business. You will be responsible for talent acquisition extending across all experienced business services professionals.
MAIN DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES
Strategic approach and partnering
- You will be a true subject matter expert in talent acquisition and a trusted advisor to the business.
- You will be instrumental in ensuring that our team, as well as Hiring Partners/Managers have the tools, technology and skills necessary to hire the business services talent they need for their business and to operate within the DLA Piper People Value Proposition, legislation and best practice.
- You will have the confidence and credibility to upskill the team, as well as our senior level Hiring Partners/Managers. You will take the lead in ensuring they align hiring decisions to our Values and culture. Your advice will be commercial and pragmatic.
- Your relationships will be collaborative within HR, the firm and across our external agency supplier base with a solutions based approach to talent acquisition.
- Candidate experience will be at the heart of everything you do. As a Recruitment Manager for business services recruitment in the UK and Ireland, you will manage the full recruitment life cycle. You will partner with Business Functions and Location Heads, Hiring Partners/Managers, HR colleagues, and our shared service function in Poland, to take a candidate through from identification, assessment, offer, to onboarding and integration.
- You will be a brand ambassador for our recruitment process internally and externally. As the facilitator of our selection and assessment approach, you will drive consistency and quality throughout our internal and external processes.
- You will be a technical expert and will ensure DLA Piper operates within the designated legislation for your region. You will also input into the development and embedding of policies, frameworks and processes.
Diversity and inclusion
- You will have a lead role in recruiting to positively impact diversity and inclusion in talent acquisition in all offices. Your passion for ensuring our hiring decisions are ethical and without bias or discrimination will be evident, with a commitment to improving and embedding our diverse recruitment practices.
- Our firm is international and so is our team. You will lead by example and support the Experienced Hires team to drive an internationally consistent approach to talent acquisition across the firm to embed best practice.
- You will actively input into the international talent acquisition strategy, have an excellent grasp of business drivers and create buy-in at a local level for international talent initiatives.
- We will look to you to maintain and share up to date insights and knowledge of your local legal talent market to inform our international talent acquisition strategy and Hiring Partner/Manager thinking.
- From individual sourcing strategies, to driving online media, branding and wider direct attraction methodologies you will share our story. You are the custodian of the DLA Piper employer brand, acting as a role model to the team, business and external market.
- You will be motivated by reducing our recruitment agency costs and directly promoting DLA Piper as an Employer of Choice. With the ability to leverage and create networks, you will be confident in managing immediate resourcing needs and longer term talent pipelines.
- You will work closely with your international team to understand the international PVP and will continually enhance and market a compelling people value proposition in your region.
Optimisation and data
- You will be naturally curious and driven by continuous improvement. You will also utilise technology platforms in support of evolving recruitment best practise and enabling data driven decision making.
- You will work closely with the local and international teams to ensure effective optimisation of delivery though effective use of the global shared service centre and aligned ways of working.
- You will be motivated by optimising insights and the delivery of data led talent acquisition reporting on key metrics to demonstrate ROI with a focus on delivering a high quality service.
This role will need solid, demonstrable experience as a leader and in all aspects of talent acquisition for
experienced business services hires. You will have proven experience across multiple UK locations, varied skill sets and differing client groups.
- You will be an effective and experienced leader of people, having previously had experience of managing skilled and highly competent Recruitment Business Partners within a progressive and evolving environment.
- Confident in driving development through training, coaching and mentoring
- Comfortable working in a feedback environment and leading constructive conversation to continuously improve the teams approach to talent acquisition.
- You have an in-depth understanding of talent acquisition best practice. Solid evidence of the ability to apply this knowledge through advice and in the application of processes, frameworks and tools will be necessary.
- Experience gathered from a range of roles and environments, but you will preferably be skilled an experienced in working within a Corporate or Professional Services environment.
- Extensive experience leading on C-suite level hires and working with senior stakeholders in a fast-paced and challenging market. Comfortable to drive best practice approaches through influencing and coaching stakeholders when appropriate.
- You have a strong understanding of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and awareness of emerging people trends and its impact on talent availability.
- Previous experience of managing workloads within a candidate or vacancy management system will be necessary.
- You are a natural networker who is highly skilled at building relationships with internal stakeholders and third party management.
- As a confident and concise communicator, you are be able to converse fluently with your stakeholders as to their industry, competitor insights, firm positioning and talent opportunities.
- You have well-developed commercial acumen, with the ability to understand the wider impacts of decision making.
- The ability to challenge and influence constructively, combined with high levels of resilience, will be essential.
Quality at pace
- You are used to managing a high-volume workload, with a proven ability to operate efficiently and accurately at pace with conflicting deadlines
- You have a high comfort level for operating with ambiguity, and can demonstrate a flexible and collaborative working style.
- You are a self-starter, with a high level of professionalism and personal accountability.
- You are a pragmatic thinker, with a curiosity and passion for best practice and realistic innovation. • You have a successful record of implementing recruitment best practice, initiatives and projects
- embedding improvements through the standardisation of quality services and processes
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.