We are currently looking to recruit a bright and ambitious Associate/Senior Associate to join our global investment funds practice, based in London. The successful candidate will join this exciting team which advises a diverse client and sector base on all types of investment funds, from real estate funds, private equity funds and infrastructure funds to hedge funds and fund structured products.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have a broad diet of legal work which will include reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documentation in relation to Private Equity Funds. They will work with lawyers at DLA Piper and with clients from around the world, advising them on their funds and corporate investments, with a particular focus on advising international institutions making investments into emerging and frontier markets.
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 3-6 years PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
The successful candidate with have the following experience and qualifications:
- A qualified Solicitor with experience supporting private equity investments in emerging markets and with a focus on social impact
- Ability to advise on and negotiate documentation in relation with GP removal and replacement
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Specific and extensive experience of negotiating fund and private equity investments in emerging and frontier markets for international development finance institutions and other impact investors
- Commercially astute and stays current on key legal and business news
- Excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Drafts documents using a commercial and client focused style
- Experience in working across various legal jurisdictions and cultures.
This is a truly exciting time to join a diverse team where every voice is heard and your success is recognised. So find out more about being valued for who you are as well as what you do, in a global law firm that commits to you and your career.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.