Leading of a team of Paralegals in the Legal Delivery Centre who are assigned to contentious services primarily for internal clients, most notably DLA Piper's Litigation, Regulatory and Employment groups. Work undertaken includes disclosure, support on regulatory investigations and repeat claims.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being responsive to both the internal lawyers and external client requirements
- Ensuring the assignment brief is clarified to the extent required
- Managing the expectations of those providing the assignment brief
- Supporting (and where necessary supplementing) the work of the Paralegals in carrying out the assignment brief
- Co-ordinating training and providing coaching to ensure Paralegals are able to meet expectations
- Tracking progress in completing assignments, acting as the initial point of contact in connection with any issues and escalating as necessary
- Ensuring timescales and standard ways of working are adhered to
- Undertaking appropriate quality checks and ensuring sufficient quality controls are in place
- Assessing opportunities to improve operational processes, documentation and training
- Line Management responsibility for Paralegals in the team
- Conducting performance reviews of the Paralegals within the team
- A broad range of contentious experience as a fee earner or professional support lawyer
- Able to persuade and work well with people at all levels
- Strong communicator with an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior process design experience useful
- Highly professional, including a dedication to exceeding customer service expectations
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.