Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
This is a Senior Network Engineer role within our global Network Team. The role covers the day-to-day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all IT systems at a 3rd & 4th Line level as well as being periodically assigned to various Projects. As a senior engineer, within the Team you will be an SME on key parts of our Technology stack and you would be a Point of Contact for other Teams, during the scoping\design phase of systems. You would be expected to act as a mentor to less experienced members of the Team.
9:00 am - 17:30 pm Monday to Friday
We fully support a flexible working approach allowing you to choose to work from home or, from our newly refurbished Office in Glasgow City Centre, You will be expected to manage your time as your workload requires. You will be required to be part of an On Call Rota and there will be a requirement, to occasionally work outside of core hours to support Project work, Changes, general system maintenance or, liaise with fellow engineers in our other global Offices.
- 3rd -4th Line Support of all core Infrastructure Systems across all Global Datacentres & office Locations
- Proactive maintenance of all Core Network Infrastructure Systems
- Resolution of logged Incidents & Service Requests.
- Supporting Major Incident resolution activities.
- Maintains high level of security awareness working proactively with CyberOps Team to protect IT Systems.
- Working proactively with Vendors to resolve Incidents and Problems
- Working closely with Operations Teams globally to provide seamless support across regions & time zones to our user community.
- Working collaboratively with other IT teams and business areas as required.
- Mentoring & supporting the development of other members of the Team.
- Providing and maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation.
- Acts as SME across key areas of our Technology Stack
- Adheres strictly to all IT processes and procedures particular those relating to Change Control & the security of our systems.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulatory requirements and Internal policies.
- Works on assigned Projects deliver them to agreed design and standards
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network, system, and/or security problems.
- Be able to demonstrate in-depth network experience especially in the implementation & support of multi-site LANS and WANs.
- Comprehensive experience of Cisco switching, Cisco Nexus 3k & 9k.
- CCNP or CCIE or equivalent knowledge.
- Strong F5 LTM, GTM, APM and BIG-IP client.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols including BGP\EIGRP\OSPF
- In-depth knowledge of wireless technologies with experience of global Aruba deployments.
- In-depth experience of NAC Systems - preferably Aruba Clearpass
- In-depth experience with leading Firewall technologies Palo Alto & Fortinet
- Strong understanding of network security to implement Layer 7 technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Riverbed/Steelhead WAN accelerators
- Experienced in implementing QoS and troubleshooting QoS issues in a Cisco environment
- Experienced in liaising with 3rd parties Vendors for troubleshooting and fault resolution
- In-depth knowledge of Solarwinds NPM & NTA, Cisco Prime,
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience working with Cloud Solution Providers (Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Experience with Azure ExpressRoute and cloud connectivity.
- Experience with VMWare NSX, Micro-Segmentation and Software Defined Networking.
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Good writing skills and experience of producing support documentation and technical implementation plans.