Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We currently looking for an Internal Communications Executive on a full time, Perm basis. This role will sit within our Glasgow office. This role would suit a strategic, proactive, creative and highly organised communications professional.
This role is responsible for developing and executing internal campaigns and content to engage our people on our business strategy and priorities.
Day-to-day you will be an ambassador for the Internal Communications team, and:
- Ensure a high standard of creative production and strategically-aligned outcomes across project deliverables.
- Have a thorough understanding of Ashurst's Strategy, Values and Brand and how the team supports the firm's success.
- Manage and develop internal channels and content to ensure the best levels of engagement are achieved.
- Proactively identify items of interest and impact for internal communication.
- Offer new and creative ideas on communication initiatives, channels and content.
- Help build a culture where two-way internal communication is seen as integral to the success of the firm.
- Work closely and collaboratively with counterparts to ensure a consistent approach to internal communications globally.
This role reports to the London-based Internal Communications Manager.
- Help design and execute employee engagement communication campaigns and experiences that bring our people together in new and engaging ways.
- Develop internal communication strategies and plans for Ashurst's internal audiences, to meet specified communication objectives.
- Develop campaign narratives that support the firm's strategy, culture and goals.
- Support the deployment of global programs by developing internal communications that inspire and drive awareness, participation and action.
- Assemble, source and produce written and visual content for internal communications channels, including the intranet, office town halls and regular newsletters.
- Input communication activities into the internal communications content planner, then identify and resolve message or timing conflicts.
- Assist with maintaining the intranet, including researching topics and drafting stories.
- Support logistical execution of communications campaigns and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in communications, journalism or similar field.
- Communications experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passionate storyteller, always looking for new and interesting ways to engage employees on Ashurst's business priorities.
- A creative thinker, with the ability to translate business strategies into engaging communications and adapt style to suit different channels or audiences.
- Curious and able to learn quickly.
- Passionate about engaging employees in all roles and locations across the firm.
- Highly proactive.
- Eye for visuals and ability to create dynamic content.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Comfortable working with teams in different geographic locations and time zones.
- In-house/professional services experience in a large organisation (desirable).
- Video production skills.
- CMS and/or SharePoint experience.