Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The ASC Client & Matter Operations Team plays a key role in ensuring that the firm's engagements with our clients are set up correctly within our financial management platform. This includes initial review of all new matters opened globally and ongoing updates to client and matter records as required, including implementation of discount arrangements and ensuring compliance with agreed client terms.
- Conduct Financial Quality Assurance checks on new matters, liaising with the business on queries as required.
- Amend/delete time entries recorded by fee earners.
- Update matter information on request, e.g. fee estimates.
- Generate and distribute matter inception reports to key stakeholders.
- End-to-end setup of non-standard matters.
- Create new payor records to support the billing process.
- Create and amend client address records.
- Apply/update discounted rates in accordance with agreed engagement terms.
- Provide regular global support to Practice Executives, Business Managers and the wider business in relation to client rates.
- Assist with creation and update of client rate cards.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within a finance function (experience in a professional services environment would be preferable).
- Good numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised and methodical approach to work.
- Team player, able to juggle multiple deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Good Excel skills.
Desired skills and experience:
- Basic VAT knowledge would be an advantage.