Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Analytics Business Analyst - The successful application will work with the business and project teams to develop reporting requirements and solutions to meet business and project requirements, involving such systems as PowerBI, TM1 and SSRS. The applicant will lead design workshops to produce the appropriate documentation and take these items through the development, testing and implementation stages.
Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations or support call resolution
- Undertake business analysis work in relation to specific reporting projects mainly covering financial reporting
- Develop Requirements Management Plans
- Identify, gather and document business and functional/non-functional requirements
- Arrange and manage requirement reviews
- Business process modelling and improving business processes
- Assist with developing and running test programmes in relation to specific reporting systems and projects
- Prepare appropriate documentation and supporting materials in relation to specific reporting projects
- Assist the running of the regular Reporting Steering Committee as part of the data strategy
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to communicate requirements and deliver solutions
- Adhere to Ashurst's project methodology
- Assist with project management tasks and take responsibility for delivery of smaller reporting projects
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Facilitate successful release handover/service transition of projects into BAU, using appropriate templates and processes.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Business Analyst with a proven track record of successful project delivery in a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/ procedures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to listen to and understand customer requirements
- Able to operate within a project brief, reporting to the Project Manager as required
- Working knowledge of different analysis techniques/methods, including requirements definition and specification, ERD/DFDs etc.
- Good knowledge of testing approaches/methods, and experience of devising and running testing procedures
- Awareness/exposure to different software development life cycles and methods
- Produce high level solutions/approaches, requiring systems analysis and design skills
- High level of familiarity with MS Office as a production tool
- Assist with research and evaluation of software solutions from 3rd party suppliers and production of necessary deliverables such as tender documents, liaising with suppliers
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Able to manage small projects from inception to delivery
- Full project lifecycle experience
- Detail oriented with an ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach
Desired skills and experience
- A good technical background
- Working within a structured project framework
- Knowledge of legal back office systems such as Document Management, HR and Practice Management systems
- Familiar with MS Office for documentation
- RDBMS understanding (MS SQL Server)
- Knowledge of client-server architecture
- Familiar with Windows 10
- Familiar with ITIL, Prince 2, Agile
- Flowchart and data-flow diagramming