Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Resourcing Advisor will work with the Resourcing Manager to manage lawyer recruitment across the UK. This role will work with Practice Leaders to advise on all recruitment matters, source and manage candidates, coach candidates and hiring managers to ensure they have a positive experience and that we execute cost effective and direct talent acquisition of Fee Earners.
This role will help identify, track, network, assess and recruit high performing diverse talent for both strategic and tactical priorities in addition to tracking and reporting on the activity for the management team.
- Build trust and effectively handle relationships with candidates and senior internal stakeholders.
- Act as a Talent Advisor by understanding the internal and external talent landscape, providing an informed perspective on prospects/candidates and how they match against the key selection criteria.
- Maintain key intelligence regarding the industry and senior leader movements throughout the market.
- Promote and drive low and no fee candidate sourcing strategies and use innovation to create and engage with qualified diverse pools of candidates.
- Ensure we adhere to a globally consistent recruitment and assessment framework so that we can measure and track talent.
- Coach and drive interview skills training to eliminate bias and ensure we focus on strengths and development points to aid the successful candidate's integration.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in executive search or direct recruitment with a proven track record in the legal sector.
- Strong people, partnership, relationship management and consulting skills.
- A deep knowledge of the legal sector and its talent landscape.
- Proven ability to drive change and influence stakeholders and senior leaders across the organisation and build credibility quickly.
- Strong business acumen, intellect, judgement and communication/advisory skills.
- Ability to think outside the box and produce new search methodologies for analysing and assessing talent.
- Ability to manage complex situations and multiple priorities with a dedication to providing an outstanding candidate and client experience.
- Experience with complex compensation negotiations.
- Strong attention to detail and risk and control mind-set.