Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Change & Business Improvement function is engaged in the delivery of a core part of the firm's business plan to help drive performance to meet the goals of the 2023 strategy, and enable the firm to build and provide market leading business services. This includes making organisation changes (including processes and changes to service delivery) which allows the firm to be able to respond to the changing demands of clients, evolving technology and market efficiency drives, and embrace different ways of working.
This role will be working as part of the Programme (ISO27001), working closely with existing Change and Communication team members to understand the impact programme will have on users.
Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 17.30. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations.
- Working alongside the Change Manager play a key role in how the team delivers and embeds change.
- Prepare people for the change, to minimise its impact on individuals and the business, and to enable the firm to realise expected benefits
- Support delivery of the change management activities for assigned projects in the Programme
- These include stakeholder mapping and engagement plans, identifying benefits, change impact assessments, managing change agent network and post go live adoption activities
- Supporting key business areas with business readiness planning and business readiness workshops
- Work collaboratively with the Change and Communications and training teams to manage internal and external communications to all levels of stakeholders both business and functional.
- Help to build effective relationships with stakeholders to raise their awareness and understanding of the change, manage expectations about what the change will and won't deliver, and to win their support and active participation where required in the delivery of change activities
- Work with internal programme teams to manage dependencies on change activities and ensure the change approach is understood
- Work within the Business Change function to ensure there is a consistent approach to change management across the firm
- Input to maintain the Change Roadmap and manage associated risks and issues
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of managing business change
- Knowledge of change management disciplines, approaches, tools and methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels both verbally and in writing
- Working within a structured project framework
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of the project lifecycle
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach
- Effective time management
- Client focused
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a legal / professional services environment
- Ability to influence business functions to adhere to best practice ISO27001