We are currently recruiting for a Senior Events Manager to join our Marketing department on a 12 month FTC basis.
The Central Events Team is a team of events professionals who are based in the London office and provide virtual and in-person events support for a wide range of client and internal Allen & Overy events and hospitality events. The events vary from training based offsites to creative bespoke drinks receptions and dinners. The Central Events Team form part of the Global Business Development and Marketing team.
In addition to managing large scale internal and client events from taking the brief to on-site delivery, the role- holder will support the strategic direction set by the team leader and support the project leads on the delivery of the Global Partners’ Conference.
- Central Events Team
- Business Development teams primarily London based and but also from International offices
- Partners and fee-earners
- Internal support teams, eg: Creative Services, Travel Team and in house catering team
- Variety of suppliers: global hotel chains, production agencies, speaker bureaus, caterers, technology providers etc
Role and responsibilities
- To provide a total event management package for the firm’s events within the confines of internal guidelines.
- To own and fully manage some of the larger scale and more complex events from conception of event, to engaging the relevant stake holders, to post-event administration and reconciliation of costs.
- Supporting the Senior Events Manager and wider team with special strategic-focused projects.
- Devising creative and innovative event concepts that meet objectives and budget.
- Communicating with and gaining the confidence of the fee-earners in relation to their events.
- Qualitative and quantitative post-event analysis for holistic ROI reporting.
- To provide advice and guidance with international BD and marketing teams, supporting and guiding them with their event marketing as and when necessary.
- To assist Event Manager/Executives in the negotiation of supplier contracts for competitive pricing, budget planning in compliance with firm policy, and in the production of event statistics to monitor spend and benefit of events.
- To provide pre-event and on-site assistance, guidance and training to Event Manager/Executives, as may be required.
- Maintain open and clear lines of communication with key stakeholders, including IT, human resources and finance.
- Monitor changing laws affecting meeting industry and track industry standards.
- Staying abreast of competitor activity and all new developments / technology / venues / suppliers within the events industry.
Key skills and experience required
- Proven experience in project managing Global large-scale and high profile conferences
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Professional services or partnership experience is desirable.
- Relevant experience in all areas of virtual/hybrid and in-person event marketing at an equivalent level within an in-house professional services environment
- Excellent commerciality, negotiation skills and sound judgement
- Meticulous attention to detail with an exceptional standard of delivery and service
- Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making, and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High-level interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with professionalism and diplomacy. Very strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Thrives on deadlines with an ability to flex agreed processes appropriately to meet tight time frames
- Exceptional organisational, verbal and written communication skills, with solid problem solving ability
- Displays a passionate, confident, determined, friendly and approachable outlook
- Encourages knowledge-sharing approaches and actively seeks, and learns from, others’ perspectives
- A critical thinker who challenges established thinking and processes, continually learning and seeking new ideas
- Embraces change and communicates change effectively
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.