Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground- breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as an IT Procurement Adviser, in our leading London-based Technology Team.
We are recruiting for an experienced IT Procurement Adviser to join the Technology Department. We are open to discussing this as a permanent opportunity.
The IT Procurement team is part of the Technology Group and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London. Its purpose is to manage and run all the Firm’s IT procurement needs.
The IT Procurement Adviser is responsible for liaison between the firm, the finance department, and Firm’s vendors. They are responsible for the contracts, procurement, financial management and full procurement life cycle of IT products and services purchased by the Firm.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Organisation, authorisation and payment of invoices.
- Preparation of purchase orders.
- Preparation for twice yearly budget process
- Electronic Invoicing system owner
- Contract database maintenance
- Control of Contracts Database
- Procurement of all IT hardware, software and services.
- Project support for procurement exercises.
- Product and service inventory review and maintenance.
- Equipment disposal/end of life management.
Negotiating and Preparation of Contract.
- Where appropriate, preparation of RFIs, RFQs, NDAs and RFPs with support from the Procurement Officer.
- Microsoft license administration
- Adobe license administration
- Digital certificate and domain purchase and administration
- Preparation and monthly presentation of departmental KPI, consumption and consumable figures and plans.
- P2P (RFQ, Purchasing, Goods Receipt, Invoicing).
- Review and processing of contract renewals.
- Where relevant, negotiation of agreements with external parties and the review of legally binding contracts.
- Contract/Supplier Management.
- Measurement and analysis of supplier SLA and KPIs.
- Liaison with IT Services Manager on effectiveness of suppliers and services.
Candidates for this position must have the following skills:
Candidates for this position must:
- Three years plus experience in an IT Procurement role.
- CIPS certification level 3 or 4 in procurement and supply, beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of practices that help achieve value for money solutions in procurement and experience in defining contract requirements.
- Have experience and ability to look for opportunities to and manage through organizational change.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and customer requirements.
- Ability to seek, encourage and find non- traditional approaches to procurement challenges.
- Pro-active behaviour that demonstrates initiative and positive work ethic to ensure activities are delivered to the required time, budget and quality.
- Demonstrable experience of budget forecasting, cost management, risk management and compliance.
- Ability to manage all aspects of software and license management.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Enthusiastic, positive and proactive attitude.
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving ability including leading multi-disciplinary teams to identify, research and coordinate resource to diagnose & troubleshoot complex issues.
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Be able to work with 3rd parties to manage on premise and cloud services.
- Strong planning and organisational and understand project methodologies Agile and Prince2.
- Experienced in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, procedures, and roles.