Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Compliance team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Compliance Systems Analyst in our leading London-based Compliance team.
We are recruiting a Compliance Systems Analyst to join the Compliance department.
The Compliance Department is responsible for advising the firm on the regulatory and other legal issues and ensuring the firm has appropriate systems and controls in place to comply with relevant requirements. Within the Department, the Head of Business Services leads the Compliance Services team who support the firm with the practical aspects of the firm’s business acceptance and client and matter opening policies and procedures including carrying out conflict checks and conducting Client Due Diligence.
The Compliance Systems Analyst will report to the Head of Business Acceptance but will have wider interactions with all members of Compliance, including the Compliance lawyers, members of the Technology department and more broadly across the firm.
The role is to support and assist the Head of Business Acceptance with the firm’s projects to implement Intapp Conflicts and Intapp Terms, along with the continuing maintenance and development of the Intapp Intake form to meet the firm’s regulatory and other internal requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to use your knowledge and experience of both onboarding procedures and Intapp to get involved with all aspects of the projects, including formulating requirements, attending design workshops, helping with user acceptance testing, training, writing manuals and procedures and change management.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Represent the interests and needs/requirements of the Compliance Department in project meetings with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current Compliance and business acceptance processes and procedures, along with understanding the future aims of the department’s projects.
- Assist with analysing and validating data quality of existing and migrated data as part of the current system migration projects affecting various Compliance functions.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert when assisting the Technology project team members with designing, reviewing and testing new system functionality.
- Monitor post implementation performance of new software or procedures, collecting feedback and assisting with troubleshooting and fixes.
- Assist with reviewing, maintaining and updating documentation, procedures, policies and guidance notes.
- Assist with training or producing training materials for users both within the Department and the firm.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within a compliance/business acceptance function at a law firm.
- Experience of Client Due Diligence and Anti- Money Laundering procedures, running conflict checks and other client onboarding activities.
- Experience of using Intapp Open, Conflicts and Terms.
- Ability to analyse, research and suggest informed, creative and innovative solutions.
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a keen interest and willingness to learn new computer packages, software and systems.
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with fee earners and support staff, building positive relationships and establishing yourself as a key member of both the team and the Firm.
- Prior participation in change / system improvement projects.
- Educated to degree level
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
- Technical & professional expertise
- Service excellence
- Drive to deliver
- Analysis & judgement
- Communication & influence
- Working with others
- Leading & managing people