Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise on high-profile, ground- breaking and complex transactions, delivering innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Technology team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Quality Assurance Analyst within our London-based Technology Department.
We are recruiting for a QA Analyst to join our in house testing team.
The QA team is part of the Technology department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London. The successful individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work positively in a change environment, which includes multiple platforms and architectures and diverse technologies.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. The QA Analyst may require some working outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
The focus of the role is to ensure the delivery of quality software to the business. As such, the QA Analyst reviews the business requirements, identifies tests that will drive feature development, and where appropriate writes and executes the relevant acceptance and regression tests.
- Test script creation – delivering a re-usable set of regressions test scripts for future releases
- Test estimation, test planning and test progress reporting
- Test execution – automation/manual testing split across project team and BAU function
- Defect creation - ensure defects have clear step-by- step instructions on how to reproduce errors, and include relevant screen shots, data and reference to correct test documentation
- Providing objective feedback to software development project team or business support teams.
Candidates for this position must have/be:
- Strong experience in legal tech applications
- Good awareness of test automation i.e. Ranorex, Selenium, HP UFT
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of API testing, tools and processes
- Strong experience in cross-browser, cross-device, and cross platform testing
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and software testing
- Strong testing experience using SQL and SSIS integration
- Strong stakeholder management skills, working closely with project team members i.e. Business Analyst and Project Manager
- Significant experience with Test Management tooling i.e. TFS, TestRail, JIRA
- Experience of executing manual tests and accurately recording test evidences
- BCS ISTQB Foundation or Intermediate Certificate in Software testing
- Certified Agile Tester or ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation.