Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
The firm's IT Training team is made up of 6 individuals, an IT Training Manager, 3 IT Trainers, an IT Training Media Executive and an IT Training Administrator who are spread across our London and Birmingham offices. The team is part of the wider Information Services department. The main purpose of this role is to design and deliver IT training courses and training materials for end-users.
What you'll be doing
- Conduct classroom and remote training sessions for all staff on a wide range of software applications as and when required.
- Design and produce online learning videos.
- Provide in-house bespoke IT Induction training for new starters.
- Devise suitable surveys to identify the IT training needs within the organisation.
- Write and update training manuals and reference guides for training purposes.
- Design, organise, set up and deliver courses to meet the needs of all staff.
- Keep up to date with relevant systems and software and where appropriate work together with the applications team to develop and deliver training courses.
- Co-ordinate the administration of training courses, including your own diary management.
- Manage and maintain the IT Training document management areas.
- Possible travel to the other UK offices and provision of holiday cover for colleagues when required.
What you'll need
- Proven experience of designing and delivering IT training courses to a wide range of users.
- Experience of working in a legal environment preferable.
- Instructional design knowledge or an interest in developing in this area.
- A thorough working knowledge of MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent communication, prioritising and organisational skills.
- Experience of using Camtasia, Articulate Storyline or similar would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of using a document management system (eg iManage).
- Microsoft Certified Trainer/TAP/COLF qualifications or equivalent would be preferred.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- A strong team player.
- Ability to use initiative.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- Flexibility and commitment.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.