We are currently recruiting for a Global Head of Content to join our BD, Marketing and Communications department on a permanent basis.
The business development, marketing and communication team is integral to the setting and achievement of the firm’s global client strategy, which includes guiding the partners and associates in their pursuit of becoming the clients’ trusted advisers, building and maintaining long-lasting, deep institutional client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, and positioning the firm as the thought leader and most advanced law firm among the global elite law firms. The function works as one team across the globe with very close collaboration between the central groups, such as communications, and the professionals working in local offices, practice groups, sectors and clients.
- The Head of Content will build and lead a Global Content Marketing Function that will differentiate the firm with major multinational businesses. They will set the agenda for how A&O’s services are positioned in the market and create a content programme that will engage and excite clients and prospects across the world.
- The role requires a leader who can establish a vision for the role content should play in a large international law firm and can galvanise the entire firm in support of that vision.
- Marketing Leadership Team
- Communications Team
- Heads of Know-How & Training
- Professional Support Lawyers (PSLs)
- Business Development team
Role and responsibilities
- The Head of Content will be responsible for establishing a vision for content at A&O, creating and implementing a supporting strategy, engaging the firm around it and building a team to deliver on their goals.
- They will ensure all content across A&O’s client-facing channels (website, social media and events) supports the firm’s business development strategy and A&O’s reputation for excellence, creates a distinctive experience for clients and delivers measurable results.
- They will design effective digital content marketing processes to plan and manage the firm’s content from end to end, from ideas generation to content creation and distribution.
- They will work with colleagues to develop a process to analyse the consumption of our content which informs our client insights and business development.
- They will work closely with the firm’s PSL community.
- Be an evangelist for content across A&O, leading best practice training (video, podcasts, writing, data visualisation etc) and coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Build a roster of specialist external vendors as required.
- They will report into A&O’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and work closely with partners and associates as well as the firm’s corporate communications team, business development, AD&S and knowledge to create a pipeline of compelling co-ordinated content and ensure all outputs have the maximum impact.
- The successful candidate will join A&O’s Marketing Leadership Team, which is responsible for setting the firm’s overall marketing, business development and communications strategy.
- Support A&O’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to set and implement overall marketing and communications strategy and deliver ad hoc projects and initiatives where necessary.
- Significant global leadership experience in a B2B content or marketing role, with a track record of designing and implementing strategies that deliver results.
- This is a new position for the firm and requires a leader with strong influencing skills who can quickly build credibility with stakeholders at all levels and across different markets and cultures.
- The ideal individual will understand how partner-driven organisations work and be able to take complex legal and business issues and translate them into engaging content.
- Experience devising multi-channel content campaigns (including events) and messaging and narrative development for a range of audiences.
- Sophisticated knowledge of the issues affecting multinational businesses across sectors.
- Good understanding of content analytics and measurement.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and content management systems.
- Degree-educated (or equivalent experience).
Who we are looking for (desirable)
- Experience working in a partner-led organisation - professional services or partnership experience is desirable.
- Good understanding of international law firms and the services they deliver.
- Outstanding communicator and storyteller.
- Exceptional leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong writer and editor.
- Sophisticated project management skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.