Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
Part of the Marketing team, the Assistant Data Steward role is to assist the CRM Manager to bring together contacts from across the firm into a central repository, to create a single and complete authoritative record, free of duplication for each person and organisation. Under the supervision of the CRM Manager, the Assistant Data Steward will improve the quality of data and enhance it by populating missing information such as addresses, telephone numbers or segmentation. Improving the quality of the firm's CRM data has been identified as a key driver for this project. Alongside their role there will be the opportunity for the individual to undertake their Level 3 Marketing Assistant Apprenticeship.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting with auditing of the data by running regular searches to identify inconsistencies, duplicates and other data quality issues
- Ability to identify themes or common inconsistencies and to come up with ways to resolve them
- Cleaning up client and prospect data including de-duping and merging records as agreed with the CRM Manager
- Undertaking ad hoc data cleansing
- Making amendments to firm data whilst following agreed standards
- Researching data using internal resources such as the internal business new website and external resources including LinkedIn, organisation websites and online directories
- Completing data fields that are not populated
- InterAction generates tickets as users change data about firm contacts. The Data Steward is responsible for researching and processing these changes and following up with the user as necessary
- Identifying and resolving data conflicts
- An understanding of the sensitivities involved in manipulating confidential information
- An understanding of the partners' and fee-earners' sensitivities to amendments being made to information about their contacts
- Reviewing pending campaigns and reporting statistics from the email delivery software.
- Assisting the wider Marketing team when required with events/badging and other ad-hoc duties.
What you'll need
- Excellent attention to detail is of primary importance for this role
- Focus and concentration for routine tasks
- A methodical and logical approach
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Understanding of the confidentiality issues surrounding the handling of CRM data
- The ability to emphasise the importance of data quality and what is it used for
- Understand the CRM system and be an advisor for end users and their queries
- Be able to grasp concepts quickly.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience working with data desirable but not essential
- GCSE or A Level / NVQ qualifications – essential
- Excel experience - essential
- Experience or understanding of working in an office – highly desirable
- You will be detail and task orientated with the ability to work as part of a team.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.