We have a fantastic opportunity for a Resourcing Specialist to join our friendly, collaborative and hard-working Resourcing team in London on a 12 month contact. Our Resourcing Specialists are responsible for filling the recruitment needs of specified practice groups and/or business teams, and also work with the Resourcing team to support the strategic recruitment needs of the business as a whole.
Role and responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for managing the end-to-end recruitment process for specific legal practice area/s
- Drive candidate attraction and build talent pools using direct sourcing methods, marketing material and recruitment agencies
- Attend interviews and lead assessment centres/drafting tests to provide HR input into process
- Build and maintain a talent pipeline that is in line with business requirements and the talent/people agenda
- Contribute to the recruitment agency performance review process lead by the Resourcing Manager.
- Monitor spend against relevant part of recruitment budget
- Produce resourcing MI and regularly report back to the relevant HR Manager/ Recruiting Manager to ensure they remain updated.
- Provide recruitment advice and guidance (including sharing market intelligence) to Partners and hiring Managers and HR Business teams.
- Work closely with the recruitment administration team in Belfast to ensure the end to end recruitment process is accurate, efficient and fit for purpose for the practice area.
- Support the Senior Resourcing Manager on strategic recruitment initiatives alongside the Resourcing Manager and other Recruitment Specialists, including for example:
- direct sourcing
- development of employer brand and marketing materials
- PSL recruitment agency management
- promoting and developing our applicant tracking system (Kenexa) globally
- improving global consistency of approach to recruitment
- training line managers/interviewers
- supporting international recruitment campaigns
- induction content
- internal promotion processes
- management information
- Experience of managing and leading recruitment campaigns within a complex matrix and busy environment, ideally within a professional services environment. Experience of leading and managing legal fee earning recruitment campaigns is essential.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence
- Can demonstrate success embedding direct sourcing methods, developing talent pipelines for lawyers and reducing recruitment costs
- Ability to add value to an already established team
- Experience of managing resourcing projects especially around process improvement and innovation
- Experience of online candidate applicant tracking systems (ideally Kenexa)
- Strong interviewing experience, and an understanding of different assessment methodologies
- Strong judgment and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with and influence senior members of the firm including partners
- Can demonstrate working with a highly collaborative approach
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and prioritise
- Ability to build rapport with candidates quickly
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.