We currently have an opportunity for someone with experience and understanding of legal finance systems and with strong people management skills to join our Group Finance team in London as a Finance Systems Support Senior Manager. This role will be responsible for managing a team that provides operational excellence, continuous improvement and an agile service provision across our global finance systems support organisation. The team ensures reliable and timely delivery of client onboarding processes and data, whilst improving the accuracy of client data held in all systems that support the invoicing processes. The role holder will structure the team and their processes to provide excellent customer service and solutions.
Role and responsibilities
Working closely with the Head of Finance Systems to implement Finance Systems Support strategic priorities including the following:
- Drive a high performance culture that thrives on customer and team feedback
- Creation and monitoring of measures that allow senior management review of the services provided by the team
- Drive continuous Finance systems learning across the firm via tutorials, tips and targeted training
- Process improvements throughout the client onboarding and client data lifecycle to support the goal of ‘right first time’ invoice processing
- Providing strong leadership that drives delivery and innovation in the teams by empowering and developing others. This involves setting strategic direction and priorities whilst having oversight of the tasks and planning for the group
- Full responsibility for the overall management and performance of the teams. The aim is developing staff to meet their full potential, which will involve coaching, mentoring and may involve delivering difficult messages.
- Embedding continuous performance review and feedback into the teams via the direct reports and the displaying of a best practice approach
- Ensure the support function is sized and structured to deliver the appropriate service to all offices and functions
- Continual review and leadership on call queue management and escalations across support and client onboarding
- Build feedback rich relationships with senior Finance team members globally to enable review and improvement of the services the teams deliver
- Ensure process improvements are embedded within the teams and that they are fully understood and become the new normal
- Lead by using in-depth functional and operational 3E experience, providing expertise and direction to the teams and their tasks / projects
- Ensure processes and tools are embedded within the support team for measuring, reporting, diagnosing and escalating system performance issues
- Work with other support teams to embed best practice knowledge capture and documentation into the teams processes and available published resources
- Collaborate with Group Finance senior managers in effective resource planning of initiatives, releases and projects whilst ensuring the business as usual activities are not adversely impacted
- Manage the escalation of issues whilst providing insight and experience to their resolution. Inform senior stakeholders in a timely manner to mitigate the risk of further escalation and surprises
- Always consider further measures and metrics that can be used to improve the quality and timeliness of services provided by the teams
- Ensure the client onboarding and client data automation approaches deliver accurate, robust and repeatable solutions for timekeepers, timekeeper rates and other relevant metadata that supports the client invoicing process
- Negotiating with others and contributing credibly to discussions at the most senior level of the organisation in relation to finance systems and their provision and use
- Listening, understanding, challenging but ultimately deriving shared value from the knowledge and views of stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Influences and persuades within the teams and across the wider firm. Ability to deliver difficult messages sensitively and able to resolve disputes
- Organised and responsive to teams and internal customers, whilst keeping on top of tasks, escalations and deadlines
- Coaches individuals to achieve more and realise their potential, nurtures talent and puts plans in place to grow the capability of individuals and the team
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Accounting training or qualification is advantageous
- Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organisation
- Strong technical/business acumen with the ability to influence strategic thinking/direction through creative and pragmatic issue resolution and solution review
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of legal finance systems, extensive 3E functional knowledge would be a clear advantage
- Experience of managing a high achieving and motivated team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the senior finance community
- Experience of delivering process change that is measurable and supports continuous improvement
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.