Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
Department Purpose and Structure
Our U.S. Practice focuses on cross border capital markets transactions, including equity, investment grade and sovereign bonds, high yield bond transactions, liability management and cross border M&A. Our work is complex and exciting and involves some of the most innovative and prominent transactions in the marketplace.
Role and responsibilities
- Applying US federal securities laws and New York law to complex cross border capital markets transactions – from initial structuring to execution and closing
- Undertaking and managing documentary due diligence exercises to US SEC registered standards of practice
- Managing transaction timetables and workstreams to ensure key benchmarks are met
- Drafting and negotiating legal documentation for cross border matters
- Drafting and reviewing prospectuses and other forms of offering documents
- Arranging and participating in signing and closing meetings
- Legal research relating to the above
- Procedural work such as drafting board minutes and reviewing corporate documentation
- U.S. qualified attorney (Class range 2015 to 2018)
- Holder of a JD from a top tier U.S. Law School
- Experience of cross border capital markets transactions preferably with prior experience working in London or Europe
Who we are looking for
We seek candidates who truly strive to achieve and assume high levels of responsibility early in their career. The ideal candidates should possess determination, vision, creativity and strength and breadth of character. They should also be perpetually open to clear communication and possess a commitment to Allen & Overy as an international team.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.