Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Where you'll work
This role is part of the centralised business intake team. This position offers a candidate the opportunity to build on their existing knowledge and experience within legal compliance. We are looking to consider candidates across London, Birmingham and Manchester .
What you'll be doing
- Collecting and reviewing CDD for new clients and undertaking complex CDD.
- Checking and verifying information provided by the matter teams and providing guidance to the matter teams in relation to source of funds. Undertaking complex source of funds analysis.
- Working alongside the other senior analysts on the supervision of the team and also dealing with escalations on complex AML and conflict queries.
- Ensure the firm is adhering to its on-going monitoring obligations by periodically updating the documents and information we hold on our clients.
- Sanctions knowledge the ability to assess sanctions issues.
- To assess, interpret and analyse conflict search results and communicate with fee earners re potential conflicts.
- Triaging and managing the resolution of conflict issues.
- To liaise with fee earners and others within the firm to mitigate any risks that are identified in the search results.
- To be alert to potential commercial conflicts and ensure these are handled appropriately.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct rules relating to conflicts of interest and the duties of confidentiality and disclosure.
- To assist with the establishment and maintenance of information barriers.
- To train and mentor more junior members of the team.
What you'll need
- Minimum 3 years' experience within legal compliance, and strong experience of AML and legal conflicts management.
- Act as a mentor to more junior staff to assist with training.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Experience of using Intapp Open is highly desirable.
- Experience and ability to work well with others as part of a team and to also work independently.
- Strong prioritisation skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with fee earners and support staff and building positive relationships and establishing yourself as a key member of both the team and the Firm.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a keen interest and willingness to learn new computer packages, software and systems.
- Prepared to undertake training deemed necessary by the Firm to meet the needs of the business and be flexible in approach.
- Degree qualified in Law, Risk Management, Economics, Politics, Business or related discipline.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.