Excellent opportunity for a commercial life sciences lawyer to join our Tier 1 ranked practice. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
Our Life Sciences/TMT groups have an opportunity for an industry-focused commercial lawyer to join our prestigious technology team and top-ranked sector group of over 80 life sciences specialists in the UK and 300 globally. The technology team operates as a seamless unit between the firm's offices in London, Bristol, Sheffield, Edinburgh and Glasgow, advising on a broad range of matters for clients ranging from large blue chip organisations to smaller commercial entities (including start ups and spin outs, universities and charities). This role will be based in Scotland and will be working primarily with the friendly and collaborative Scottish based lifesciences team.
The technology team advises across a number of sectors and this lawyer's focus would be life sciences, advising clients at every stage of the product life cycle, from intellectual property issues, collaboration arrangements, commercialisation and supply chain and life cycle management.
The role includes:
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts such as collaboration, licensing, supply and distribution agreements;
- Involvement in a broad range of commercial, IP, IT and data protection advice;
- Providing efficient professional support for partners and team members;
- Developing professional relationships with clients;
- Supporting the wider group in developing business; and
- Involvement in marketing events. About You
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in, the life sciences sector
- Knowledge of IP, IT, technology and data protection issues in addition to having developed strong general commercial expertise
- Understanding of the life sciences regulatory regime would be helpful but is not essential
- Appropriate level of post qualification experience, to meet the demands of the role - we envisage this to be 3-7 PQE but candidates outside of this will also be considered
- Experience and confidence in dealing directly with clients
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of running your own files and assisting partners on more complex, higher value deals and transactions - Due to the role being client facing you will need to have sound judgment and good interpersonal and consultancy skills Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-NH1