Working with the Senior Sector Marketing & BD Managers to deliver marketing support on the firm wide Sectors across the International business, providing added-value support across the full marketing mix, including profile raising through targeted communications campaigns and business development through the strategic management of pitches, client development and targeting programmes.
Occasional travel, internationally, is a requirement of the role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (across the International firm):
- Ensure vaslue proposition for assigned sector groups are developed and understood by the Sector and the BD population at large
- Manage the delivery of a range of communications activity (external and internal) in support of the Sector plan, working closely with the firm's communications team
- Support the delivery of credentials“know-how” capability statements and client endorsements for your assigned sector groups
- To deliver new business support to the Sector, supporting them in the delivering of their business plans and ensuring the firm delivers to a common CRM approach
- Drive forward sector campaigns, ensuring the successful delivery and monitoring of ROI
- Work in collaboration with Sector leads and Group leads to ensure we capitalise on firm wide programmes and go-to-market strategies
- Identify information requirements and successfully project manage sector programmes/campaigns/projects
- Contribute information and ideas to the strategy process
- Create competitive operational marketing plans
- Prepare business cases for a product/service and progress it to market
- Plan marketing projects and prepare budgets, manage and report on project delivery against plan and objectives
- Use information on marketing systems to make strategic decisions and identify design requirements
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Manage third party suppliers; exploring and assessing scenarios for the organisation in relation to stakeholders
- The job holder will be expected to support anyone of the sectors but overtime may focus on particular sector(s).
- The job holder may also be asked to fulfil additional duties from time to time. The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate must have:
- Degree/CIM Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (desirable)
- Knowledge of Marketing/BD processes - a sound understanding of new business processes, CRM as a concept and the emerging technologies needed to help us win and retain clients legal work
- Knowledge of industry marketing in a matrix business helpful but not mandatory
- Sales techniques and coaching skills
- A professional approach, score highly in terms of commitment and internal client care
- Excellent communication and project management skills. You will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel
- Excellent understanding of sector and client marketing and commercially minded
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- A proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- Ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- Be IT literate - experience of Excel, Word 2003 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial
- Display a consistently positive attitude and adopt a 'can do' approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop, or fulfil, the role of the Marketing Manager.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.