CMS is looking for an experienced Document Specialist to work full-time Monday-Friday, or part-time Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday. The hours will be 23:00/23:30-06:00/06:30; however there is flexibility with start and finish times.This role is based in the London office, however for the time being the role will primarily be home-working. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a future facing, international law firm and take their career to the next level. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 80 offices in 50 countries and 5,000+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
Working within the Document Centre, you will be preparing documents and providing accurate and timely transcriptions. The role covers a range of responsibilities including:
* Creating/amending legal documentation using various MS Office products, predominantly Word and PowerPoint.
* Converting files from PDF into fully functional documents in various packages.
* Providing fast and effective solutions to document issues for clients and processing transcriptions in a time pressured environment.
* Utilising established templates, adhering to brand guidelines and production best practices.
* Transcribing a variety of short and lengthy electronic dictations from clients, including single-speaker and multi-speaker.
* Taking instruction from a dictation.
* Consistently delivering high quality services on time, with a focus on responsiveness, client satisfaction, effective client communication and client service orientation.
* Maintaining effective and collaborative communication with team colleagues.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with team and key stakeholders. About You
The right candidate:
* Must have excellent MS Office skills, including Word and PowerPoint. Good skills in
Excel and Outlook. Visio is advantageous.
* Must have good experience in using digital dictation software such as Winscribe, BigHand or SpeechExec.
* Must have good knowledge of PDF conversion software such as Adobe or pdfDocs.
* Must have the ability to multi-task, as well as perform accurately under time pressures and constraints.
* Must show initiative and good judgment and be able to work independently.
* Must have the ability to concentrate in a virtual environment of multiple demands and distractions.
* Maintain exemplary attention to detail and a personal commitment to consistently producing high quality work.
* Must be able to maintain confidential information and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment.
* Must engender a culture of professionalism, superior customer service, and accountability within the team.
* Develop an in-depth knowledge firm's branding guidelines.
* Maintain motivation to continually improve core software skills, to meet and accommodate the client's changing requirements.The ideal candidate will have:
* At least 3 years' experience working within the document production field.
* Prior experience with transcribing dictations.
* Prior experience in a legal or professional services document production environment advantageous
* Excellent working knowledge of document production practices and technologies.
* Advanced technical knowledge. Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions.