We are currently recruiting for a Senior Aosphere Associate to join our Aosphere department in London on a permanent basis.
aosphere LLP is an affiliate of A&O and produces market leading web-based legal and compliance management products currently focused on derivatives, shareholding disclosure, marketing restrictions and data privacy. aosphere’s products are used by over 400 institutions and over 13,000 users worldwide including most leading banks and 80% of the top 20 world’s largest asset managers. Its flagship products include netalytics, CSAnalytics, diligence and the Rulefinder product range. aosphere LLP is at the forefront of legal innovation and has featured 13 times in the prestigious Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report. aosphere LLP is also a pioneer in the use of flexible working arrangements. The team is based in London, Belfast, New York and Australia.
We are currently seeking to recruit a senior lawyer on a permanent basis. The role involves assisting with maintaining and developing the existing Rulefinder Shareholding Disclosure product (SD) which covers rules relating to the disclosure of substantial shareholdings, short selling, sensitive industries (foreign investor and sector limits), takeovers and issuer requests. It is a market-leading standardised legal solution used by more than 390 clients globally. Further information about SD is available on the aosphere website: https://www.aosphere.com/aos/Home. Day to day work will include commissioning and negotiating updates or new legal memoranda, updating or compiling reports for on-line publication, inputting into enhancements of the product, marketing and dealing with queries from subscribers and A&O team, attending conferences, monitoring developments and drafting alerts. The successful lawyer will work directly with seven other lawyers based in London and in Belfast plus liaising with local counsel around the world.
- Senior Associates and Local Counsel
- Wider Aosphere community
Role and responsibilities
- Commissioning and negotiating new content – this involves negotiating and agreeing legal opinions from counsel in multiple jurisdictions, analysing those opinions and summarising key issues in reports. The ability to reduce long and complex narratives into concise, accurate, consistent summaries is essential.
- Updating the legal content of existing products. Update periods can be busy. Deadlines for updating and issuing new content are critical.
- Monitoring for legal changes and drafting alerts for subscribers.
- Supporting marketing activities and providing support and training to existing subscribers.
- At least 4 years PQE.
- Top tier law firm experience.
- Strong technical, analytical and report/opinion drafting skills together with excellent attention to detail required.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to become an expert in unfamiliar areas of law.
- Able to demonstrate experience of meeting the requirements of highly demanding banking/financial service and asset management clients.
- Experience in international/cross border work preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. This role involves daily communication with the aosphere legal and support teams, partners, colleagues in overseas offices and other counsel.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Excellent academics.
- Team working skills are essential.
Who we are looking for
The position would appeal to an experienced lawyer wishing to continue to work at a level of service which produces top quality work for demanding clients but without the unpredictability of transactional work. A financial services regulatory background is preferred. All necessary training to ensure the successful candidate is fully involved in supporting the business at the earliest opportunity will be provided. Opportunity to work flexibly including part-time arrangements (4 days a week) and working from home on selected days (following probation period).
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.