We are currently recruiting for a Know How Paralegal to join our International Capital Markets team in London on a permanent basis.
Allen & Overy is at the heart of the world's banking and financial markets, widely recognised as having one of the world's leading capital markets practices. International transactions are commonplace and the group consists of more than 400 lawyers in over 42 offices worldwide.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the ICM Department in London on a full time, permanent contract. The role will consist of providing support to the ICM Head of Know-How & Training and wider PSL team.
The successful candidate will have previous paralegal experience, be hard working, enthusiastic, a team player, and have a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn. Attention to detail, excellent writing skills, good research and organisational skills are also key. The role will involve liaising with individuals from across the firm therefore excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential. In addition, the candidate must be computer literate, have a 2.1 law degree (or equivalent) and a candidate who has taken the LPC is preferred.
- Partners, Counsel, Snr Associates & Professional Support Lawyers
Role and responsibilities
- Perform the administrative tasks involved in establishing, updating and maintaining our online services including the client facing Prospectus Spotlight website, Transparency Directive website, MTN selling restrictions website, ECP selling restrictions website, Covered Bond website and Liquidity Spotlight website
- Check submissions to the eLibrary
- Assist with the production of publications for external clients
- Undertake legal and precedent research tasks
- Process changes and submissions to the know-how system, maintain knowledge collections and assist with the updating of standard form precedents
- Compile transaction experience lists for internal use and marketing purposes
- Respond to queries from fee-earners across the department worldwide
- Assist partners/associates in other departments on occasional tasks
- General paralegal duties and support for all ICM PSLs
- Support ICM PSLs on development and implementation of new IT systems / legal tech solutions
- 2.1. law degree (or equivalent)
- Prior experience working as a paralegal
- LPC preferred
Who we are looking for
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work hard within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
- Excellent writing skills
- Good research and organisational skills
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Hard working, enthusiastic, team player
- High level of initiative and a willingness to learn
- Strong IT skills preferable
Wider A&O community
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.