We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Private Equity team in London on a permanent basis.
Allen & Overy’s private equity team advises the most prominent sponsors as well as management teams, investee companies and other finance providers on all forms of private equity transactions. This includes buyouts, exits, portfolio restructurings and secondaries. Our clients choose us because they know we understand their commercial objectives and can offer technical expertise, innovation, clarity of advice and a commitment to execute their deals efficiently and effectively.
Our integrated private equity practice advises leading private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies including: 3i, Advent, Apax, Apollo, Ardian, BC Partners, Blackstone, Bridgepoint, Carlyle, CDPQ, Charterhouse, Cinven, CVC, Exponent, EQT, OMERS Private Equity, PAI Partners and Providence. Along with our leveraged finance practice and high yield bond capabilities, we are one of very few firms able to provide a fully integrated offering and to advise across the entire capital structure.
Cross-border work is where we excel and the majority of our transactions have a multi-jurisdictional focus. Our corporate team spans all of our offices and works seamlessly with a global community of relationship law firms giving us access to over 100 other countries. Strong teamwork and efficient working practices and uniform approaches enable us to manage cross-border deals effectively and seamlessly. This platform provides our clients with the confidence that they will receive the highest quality advice in both their domestic markets and as they expand into new territories.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the London office’s Corporate Private Equity department at Bishops Square.
The successful candidate will be hard working, enthusiastic, and a team player with a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn. The role requires direct contact and involvement with A&O’s Private Equity group, therefore excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills are essential along with a high level of professionalism.
Partners, Associates, Trainees and the wider corporate and leverage finance teams
Private equity clients and their in-house legal teams
Wider A&O Community including the Global PE team
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and commenting on NDAs relating to potential new transactions
- Reviewing and commenting on engagement letters with third party advisers
- Maintaining standard client positions in documents with third party advisers
- Drafting and amending standard form precedents relating to issues of shares and other securities
- Assisting with the establishment of Employee Benefit Trusts and other shareholding structures
- Setting up newcos and transaction holding structures
- Preparing documents based on standard form precedents in relation to share buybacks and capital reorganisations
- Assisting with setting up virtual data rooms and disclosure exercises
- Assisting with preparing ancillary documents for signing and completion of transactions
- Co-ordinating the execution of documents by multiple parties for signing and completion of transactions
- Preparing filings to be submitted to Companies House
- Preparing bibles of transaction documents
- General paralegal duties and support
Who we are looking for
- 2:1 law degree or equivalent
- Prior experience of working as a Paralegal or working within a legal corporate department would be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong research and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Hard working, enthusiastic, team player
- High level of initiative and a willingness to learn
- High level of computer literacy
Proven ability to effectively manage a busy workload and cope under pressure
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.