Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Central Management & Operations (Change & Business Improvement)
Role: Business Analyst
Location: Glasgow Travel may be required from time to time.
Reporting to: Business Analysis Manager
Hours of work -
Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30. You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations and global working.
Department/ Role Overview:
The Change & Business Improvement function is engaged in the delivery of a core part of the firm's business plan to help drive performance to the 2023 goals, and enable the firm to build and provide market leading services. This includes making organisation changes (including processes and changes to service delivery) which allows the firm to be able to respond to the changing demands of clients, evolving technology and market efficiency drives, and embrace different ways of working.
This role will be working across a number of strategic projects managing the business analysis and engaging senior stakeholders
- Lead requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, traceable and unambiguous.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, workshops, use cases, scenarios and other techniques.
- Undertake business analysis work in relation to specific projects.
- Facilitate requirements prioritisation based on business value.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with business areas that rely on the information to define system requirements or processes.
- Manage changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools.
- Develop Requirements Management Plans.
- Gather and document business and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Arrange and manage requirement reviews.
- Identify business solutions.
- Support the creation of business procedures and related user documentation.
- Assist and contribute to project planning activities in developing project and change plans.
- Identification of, and close liaison with, stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Change, Communications and Training teams.
- Liaise with the workstream leads to ensure that the proposed outcomes, solutions, supporting systems, processes and plans fully support the business requirements.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience of working on complex, large-scale business transformation within a global organisation.
- Analytical, thorough and effectively manages their own workload against deadlines
- Strategic and can apply this to a wide range of business situations
- Influential, with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst working on process mapping, requirements gathering, streamlining processes, and implementing process efficiencies within a professional services company.
- Organised and able to prioritise diverse workload with minimal supervision
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with teams remotely in a global context.
- Good attention to detail whilst being a logical thinker, clear communicator and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with an ability to bring clarity to an operational environment with complex influencing factors.
- Effective problem solving, planning and decision making skills in a complex environment.
Desired skills and experience
- Understanding of turning a strategic vision and direction into a realistic plan and activity.
- Business change experience within global organisation.
- Experience of best practice methodologies and tools.
- The ability to influence the business functions.