Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - PROJECTS
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 0900-1730. You will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Reporting to: Senior Expertise Lawyer
Department/ Role Overview:
The Expertise Executive will work with, and support, the Projects lead expertise lawyer and the expertise partners to organise, assist and come up with ideas for a variety of expertise tasks.
- Briefing each trainee group in March and September as to their various expertise and business development related tasks
- Liaising with the training team to organise the training for each set of March and September trainees
- Creating and organising department-wide training programmes
- Creating and organising of International Projects Group training programme (including liaising with International offices regarding training and materials, creating links to training recordings, creating monthly training update to be sent out globally, liaising with all speakers/attendees of training sessions and updating CPD records)
- Creating and uploading training recordings to online profiles
- Assisting with the creation of Client training programme's tailored around the client's needs and requests (this included liaising with other departments to source the relevant people to deliver the training)
- Reviewing, editing and updating the team's knowhow
- Assisting with the creation of Infraread and Energy Source every 6 months (e.g. contacting teams in other offices to request ideas for next issue; chasing down the articles; reviewing the articles when written; selecting artwork, liaising with the design team and publishing each article to Ashurst.com)
- Assisting teams in other offices or other departments to locate Global based projects know-how/liaising with relevant partners in London
- Liaising with the library in relation to books and journals
- Liaising with the central expertise team on matters relating to the know-how homepage (bibles; e-seminars, etc)
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentational
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Keen interest in legal expertise and training
- Strong desire to learn new skills
- Flexibility and a flexible approach to working hours
- Resilience to maintain focus under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail, able to work within a team or independently, to produce accurate work
Desired skills and experience
- Interest in energy and infrastructure sector.
- Experience in professional services environment, and business partnering in particular is desirable