Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Provide a professional IT Support service to the whole firm. End to end management of all software and hardware incidents and service requests by providing remote, at desk, Audio Visual, desk phone, mobile device and floor walking support. Tasks will be allocated on a defined rota, with duties such as remote support via the telephone, desk side support, floor walking and project support tasks as required.
- Provide 1st & 2nd level support of all incidents and service requests of all Ashurst IT systems/services.
- IT support via remote control, telephone support and "At desk" support.
- Provide floor walking support, log all incidents and requests that arise through floor walking.
- Support international offices with equivalent services.
- Accurate ticket logging of all IT incidents and service requests whilst managing individual ticket queue within the Service Management solution.
- End to end ownership of all IT tickets including being responsible for all communication and the technical resolution.
- Follow the escalation process to ensure a consistent and professional IT support service is offered to the firm.
- Manage all end user administration such as joiners, leavers etc.
- Configuration and asset management.
- Knowledge management.
- Management/support of pool and permanent laptops.
- Management/support of remote working.
- Management of user administration.
- Mobile device support.
- Point of contact for projects within the firm from inception through to "business as usual".
- Desktop phone support.
- AV and VC Overflow support.
- All IT incidents and service requests logged and resolved within SLAs (service level agreement).
- Provide a professional, approachable and technical IT support service to the firm.
- End to end ownership of all incidents and service requests.
- 80% first time fix (FTF).
- 95% of all incidents and service requests resolved within the agreed SLA.
- Feedback to and from other team members.
- Regular performance and development review.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, 8 hours a day (including an hour for lunch) The shift will be between the hours of 08.00 - 18.00. However you will be required to work such additional hours as are necessary to carry out your duties
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Consistent provision of a responsive, effective and personable IT support service to exceed customer expectations.
- Work in accordance to ITIL processes and procedures.
- Use initiative with a positive and can do attitude.
- Identify business impacting incidents and escalate according to the escalation process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and in all written communication.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with pressurised situations.
- Able to manage own tasks across various areas and prioritise appropriately according to SLA to meet business deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively alone and within your team/group or project, under the appropriate supervision.
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of IT.
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexible approach to role.
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels within IT and across the business including Senior Partners and Directors.
- Manage local communications to the business.
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills of all IT incidents.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Windows 10.
- Worksite/iManage or similar content management application.
- Interaction or similar client relationship management (CRM) application.
- Bighand 3 or similar digital dictation software.
- AD administration.
- K Vault Email archiving (KVS) or similar email archiving solutions.
- Installation/moves of hardware such as printers, digital senders, MFD's (multi-function devices), PC's and all peripheral items.
- Knowledge of remote working solutions such as ADSL, Broadband, 3G and VPN's (virtual private network).
- Knowledge of building PC's and troubleshooting support issues.
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting support issues.
- Health and safety awareness in the working place.
- Service Desk Plus.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Statistical analysis.
- Business writing skills.
- Previous systems experience.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills.
- Excellent word troubleshooting skills.
- Programming within Office.
- Knowledge gained in an intranet/extranet environment.
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment.