Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Change & Business Improvement, Information Technology
Role: Application Specialist/Developer
Location: Based at Ashurst's Glasgow office. Some international travel may be required from time to time
Reporting to: Global Applications Manager
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
You may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations and Break/Fix resolution.
Post Covid-19 - 60/40 Flexible Working
*On Call Rota with other Application Specialists may be required for specific application support*
Responsible for defining and delivering various projects ensuring inter-dependencies are appropriately managed (part of the Client Matter Lifecycle Programme). Initial projects for 12 months will be transformation
The Application Developer will take a hands-on role in the design and development of workflow applications, databases, and other development artefacts within the organisation. The Application Developer role is primarily responsible for the development and technical support of critical enterprise applications to insure accurate system operation, process improvement, and integrity of data across core systems. This role will serve as the functional expert on the firm's key enterprise applications in risk management that leverage Intapp technologies such as Intapp OPEN, Terms, Total Time, Mobile Time and INTEGRATE. The role will include being involved in the design of technical documentation for system updates, improvement of workflows, and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. Including providing 3rd line Technical Operational support for the Intapp Product Suite post projects.
- Support the software methodologies and processes, technical project management, implementation planning, Operational Support and software maintenance for critical enterprise systems requiring application development and workflow expertise (Intapp OPEN, Terms, Total Time, Mobile Time and Integrate).
- Act as technical SME for workflow-oriented business processes (new business intake, conflicts, etc.) and suggest related improvements.
- Effectively translate business needs, both stated and implied, into workable solutions at all stages of the project process, from envisioning to end product delivery.
- Ensure continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes and enhancements.
- Working closely with the firm's Technical Support team, provide escalated technical and application support to users of intake, risk management and conflicts applications.
- Analyse discrepancies in system performance and make recommendations for updates.
- Rationalise and simplify existing code base.
- Participate on project teams for implementing new systems and enhancing or upgrading existing systems.
- Identify and recommend production customisations and enhancements.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum five years of overall software development experience (legal industry preferred).
- Hands-on development or support experience with Intapp OPEN (required), Integrate (required), Terms and Total Time (highly desirable).
- In-depth knowledge of risk management workflow solutions for new business intake and conflicts desired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of workflow solutions such as <K2, BizTalk, SSIS, etc. a plus desired
- Ability to understand high level requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Intermediate knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
- Experience developing complex reports using tools such as <SSRS, Power BI, Cognos, etc.> exact list TBC desired
- Familiar with development technologies such as <C#, VB. NET, ASP. NET, MVC, LINQ is desirable
- Development experience related to core financial software applications, such as: Elite, Chrome River, and DTE/Intapp Total Time desirable.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design patterns and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), including technologies such as REST, WSDL, WCF and Web Services.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to tailor communications for the intended audience.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to multi-task and maintain professional demeanour under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with industry best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, and trends related to architecture and application development and support
- Ability to function at a high level in a fast-paced environment where requirements and projects may change quickly.
Qualifications and Required
(Formal training, education, certifications and professional experience)
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems and/or Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Similar experience developing and supporting Legal Risk & Compliance Applications
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
- All IntApp development tooling
- MS SQL Server
- Good Understanding of IIS Administration including installing, configuring and troubleshooting.