Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Information Technology
Role: Server Engineer - 12 month FTC
Reporting to: IT Operations Manager
Hours of work -
You will work 9:00 am - 17:30 pm Monday to Friday
Department/ Role Overview:
Server Engineer role cover the day-to-day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all backend IT systems. This role will provide hands-on 3rd line operational support for Ashurst's IT systems as well as providing implementation support for any new projects or technologies which Ashurst may adopt. The role will be a mix of BAU & Project work either, directly assigned to a Project or, back-filling for permanent members of staff assigned to Project work.
- 3rd line support of Microsoft BackOffice products - Active Directory/Exchange/IIS/DNS/DHCP/ ensuring full system availability.
- Monitoring of all servers and infrastructure applications
- Monitoring, management and support of all HP & 3PAR SAN infrastructure.
- Monitoring, management and support of all VMWare infrastructure
- Monitoring, management and support of all VMWare VDI & Citrix infrastructure
- Support and maintain all back office systems and attached services worldwide in both physical and virtual environments
- Configuration and support of Active Directory services, Group Policies.
- Reactive monitoring using various tools
- Providing and maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
In Depth Knowledge of:
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Back Office products
- Strong Powershell scripting
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Active Directory 2012,2016 & 2019
- Experience of Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Server and supporting technologies such as DNS,WINS,DHCP
- Microsoft clustering Technology
- Virtualisation Technologies in particular Vmware vSphere
- HP 3PAR & Dell\EMC SAN Storage
- Experience administering Citrix
- Knowledge of Dell Networker\Data Domain backup or, other backup technologies eg NetBackup
- Azure experience, in particular good knowledge of Azure AD and AD Sync
- Experience configuring & supporting ADFS and SSO technologies.
- Excellent communication & Team Collaboration skill
Desired skills and experience
- Knowledge experience of Exchange 2016
- Experience with in configuring & supporting MFA
- Understanding of Vulnerability Management
- An understanding of LAN / WAN technologies.
- Experience of monitoring solutions - eg PRTG, Solarwinds
- Experience with Dell Open Manage
- Exposure to a scripting language such as Windows Scripting Host or VB script.
- Exposure to Dell hardware.
- Experience of Skype for Business 2015 (On Prem) & MS Teams
- Experienced working with Change Control processes
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Raising problem records with vendors and follow ups
- Understanding of software deployment tools, in particular SCCM
- Understanding of Business Continuity & Disaster recovery
- Working with project managers to deliver projects to agreed design and standards