Unique opportunity in our Financial Services Regulatory team.
DLA Piper understands that you are building a future. Which is why we encourage you to reach your full potential, to explore the opportunities and choices that shape your individual career journey. The team has specific experience in field of asset management and private equity funds, real estate funds, social housing and renewable energy funds.
Joining our group you will be involved in the structuring and execution of transactions with investment funds and funds of funds for public and private assets, offering innovative solutions. You will also deal with organisational and procedural requirements for asset management companies, banks and brokers with regard to AML and organizational models in compliance with Italian Legislative Decree No. 231/2001, FATCA and the implementation of AIFMD.
Our internships allow you to register and to carry out the mandatory traineeship to qualify for the bar exam in Italy (pratica forense) and are intended to give you the tools and experience to forge a successful career in law. Although not essential, our preference is that applications are made in English, in line with our global standards and strategy.
No two careers – or two people – are the same at DLA Piper. We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, seizing opportunities and commercial edge. Here, personal growth goes hand in hand with professional development to shape your individual career journey
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct legal researches on the rules and regulations applicable to asset management companies, banks, financial intermediaries, investment firms, insurance companies and banking foundations on the relevant subjects, typical activities, products and customer relations
- Asistance in the drafting of legal opinions, memoranda and contracts;
- Attendance to meetings and negotiation sessions
- Involvement in due diligence in the context of extraordinary transactions
- Full engagement and involvement in client matters
- Law degree with top academic results
- Excellent academic marks
- fluent in English both written and spoken
- Previous experience in the regulatory department of a multi-practice law firm or of a big4 or a regulatory law boutique will be considered as a plus
- Commitment and self-motivation
- Motivated and team player
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.