We are currently recruiting for an Arabic speaking Paralegal to join our Dispute Resolution team in London from October 2021 on a 9 month FTC basis.
We have broad experience across corporate risk management and conflict management, advising senior level board members and executives of substantial corporates and banks. Our global network includes many experienced former prosecutors, enabling us to represent clients effectively in the most difficult and sophisticated government investigations.
We provide a full and comprehensive service in most of the world’s major countries and have dealt with many of the problems generated by changes in the financial marketplace. Our network is ideally placed to handle the growing number of cross-border disputes. It is this ability to manage disputes around the world and to coordinate cross-border proceedings that persuades many of our clients to instruct us.
The paralegal team consists of approximately 10 paralegals working across the 4 subgroups within the Dispute Resolution department.
An opportunity has arisen for an Arabic speaking Paralegal to join the Dispute Resolution Department in London on a full time basis. The role will provide support services to the team’s fee earners in London and globally. This role is initially for nine months, with the possibility of extension by agreement.
Role and responsibilities
- Document review and analysis
- Preparation of exhibits including chronologising, paginating and indexing
- Assisting with disclosure, document production, witness interviews, filings and hearings
- Distribution of documents
- Proofreading, including quote checking and citation checking
- Document management and filing
- Project management
- Managing on-line databases
Key Requirements (essential)
- Bilingual Arabic and English; able to translate written and interpret spoken Arabic to English, and vice versa
- Completed a period of education in Arabic (not necessarily at degree level)
- At least six months’ prior experience as a Litigation paralegal, ideally in International Arbitration
- LPC or equivalent qualification ideal, but not required
- Sound level of computer literacy (including Word and Excel)
Who we are looking for
- Hard working and enthusiastic team player
- Willingness to learn and high level of initiative
- Excellent writing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong research and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Capability to work within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Pro-active approach and ability to demonstrate initiative
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.