We are currently recruiting for an International Tax Senior Manager to join our Partners' Affairs and Taxes (“PAT”) team on a 14 month contract to support the Head of International Tax in the management of the global tax affairs of the Allen & Overy grouping. The successful candidate will have personal or corporate tax experience to senior manager level and must be ACA or equivalent accounting qualified.
Role and responsibilities
- Tax compliance support including managing advisors and A&O teams to support local CFOs with tax filings for the firm and its partners
- Year-end work to produce non-UK tax reserve calculations, tax equalisation calculations and tax related fiscal accounts notes.
- Reconciliation and release of partners’ non-UK tax reserves.
- Reviewing ad hoc tax filings in non A&O territories (e.g. India) and advising on potential exposures elsewhere.
- Management of withholding tax exposure for the firm, both in relation to client transactions and interoffice balance settlement.
- Tax advice in relation to mobility issues including individuals working overseas during the COVID 19 pandemic (e.g. personal tax issues for partners and permanent establishment risks).
- Other ad-hoc tax advisory work as required.
- Management of work of junior team members in London and Belfast.
- Collaborative approach and ability to build strong relationships with PAT team colleagues in London, Belfast and Hong Kong, and colleagues in other teams located across the globe.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex tax and accounting issues both orally and in writing to non-specialists.
- Numeracy and an eye for detail.
- Broad knowledge of international tax issues affecting professional partnerships.
- Evidence of strong numeric skills.
- ACA or equivalent accounting qualification.
- Tax qualification (e.g. ADIT or CTA) desirable.
- Personal or Corporate Tax Experience to Senior Manager level.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.