We are currently recruiting for a Senior Library Assistant to join our London office on a part-time basis (working Monday, Tuesday and one other day per week). The core of the role is managing a range of subscriptions and contracts for resources in all formats – online, online/print and print, liaising with vendors and stakeholders to agree requirements and terms. The post holder will work independently on subscription management but is expected to work seamlessly with the Resource Coordinator and library colleagues in other offices and develop strong relationships. The post holder will also be expected to complete other library collection management tasks, in particular processing new resources.
It is anticipated that approximately 2/3 of the role will be devoted to subscription management and 1/3 to library collection work, but this will vary week to week.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ascertain user requirements for purchase and renewal of print and online resources including, journals, looseleafs and online resources
- Analyse usage data and engage with users and colleagues to ensure the firm gains value from its resources throughout the period of the subscription
- Negotiate prices and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Negotiate and agree usage terms with vendors and communicate details to users
- Liaise with Resource Coordinator and Library Manager to ensure contract terms are within A&O guidelines and consistently applied
- Agree and implement cost allocations
- Administration: claiming missing items; processing of invoices; maintaining library management system (LMS) records; weeding and archiving of old resources; updating of internal records (intranet, product profiles, knowledge collections).
- Checking and coding invoices for payment
- Production / review of budget reports and statements and resolution of queries as directed
Library collection management activities
- Cataloguing and classifying subscription resources; checking and amending imported bibliographic records; logging, processing and distributing physical items to all offices.
- Acquisitions: Working with Practice Librarians and overseas contacts to ensure items are identified, ordered and distributed; ensuring the correct authorisations are obtained; negotiating discounts with suppliers and updating library management system (LMS) records.
General administration and support activities
- Monitor the A&O Library team phone and incoming mail using the enquiry management system, ensuring that enquiries, access and support requests are prioritised and resolved
- Additional tasks as defined from time to time.
This role requires a flexible and creative individual, keen to contribute to the development of our procurement processes and approaches. Attributes of patience, humour and assertiveness are valued together with a personable manner and commitment to high quality service delivery.
In detail it is expected that the successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar position with responsibility for subscription management (including digital resources) within a library environment
- Experience of library processes and management, particularly cataloguing
- Creative and confident negotiation skills
- Strong communications skills: both in providing updates to the various stakeholders and in ensuring outcomes are clearly recorded
- Proactive and pragmatic in managing vendors and stakeholder expectations
- A good eye for detail and excellent time management
- Technical expertise and fluency in the use of automated library management systems (LMS) is essential.
- Adaptable, resilient and flexible approach to work
- Have a team orientation at all levels
- Be enthusiastic about providing a service to our clients, both internal and external
- A professional, solutions oriented approach and a proactive ‘can do’ attitude
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.