Simmons & Simmons Adaptive:
Clients today need flexible resourcing solutions to meet the changing demands of the marketplace. Simmons & Simmons has always been willing to adapt and embrace new forms of service delivery to meet changing client demands. Simmons Adaptive is a flexible resourcing solution to meet client requirements at the same high quality you expect from Simmons & Simmons. We understand that our firm is equal only to the strengths of our people and place great emphasis on recruiting and retaining staff who meet our high standards.
As an Adaptive consultant, you will be fully supported by the Simmons & Simmons team with a sponsoring Partner and a client team with whom we would encourage you to engage on a regular basis. You will have access to the firm's resources and know- how and have the opportunity to be involved in training and development at the Firm.
Main purpose of the role:
Simmons Adaptive are currently searching for legal consultants with a background in Employment Law to work on defined contract assignment.
Our contract roles demand the same highly skilled lawyers as our permanent roles, so we would expect applicants to have strong academics, excellent interpersonal skills and be client focused.
- Senior Qualified Solicitor, preferably Irish Qualified
- Legal training from a top tier law firm
- Significant post qualification experience working on a range of Employment and Regulatory matters.
- Demonstrable experience in Irish / EU Law
- Experience both within private practice and in-house is desired
- Employment experience from financial institutions is desired
- Ability to work autonomously but can also collaborate effectively as part of the wider team, whilst working in a remote capacity initially.
Simmons & Simmons is a leading international law firm, providing clients with commercially aware legal advice, whenever and wherever they need it. We have over 1,600 people situated in key business and financial centres across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
For additional information on the firm, please visit our website at www.simmons-simmons.com .
Overview of the Dublin office:
Since opening for business in 2018 Simmons & Simmons Dublin office, led by country head Fionán Breathnach, has expanded significantly to support clients in the areas of Asset Management, Banking, Corporate, Financial Services Regulatory, Real Estate and Tax.
We have a highly specialised team that covers, among other things, banking, capital markets, asset finance, asset management, real estate and investment funds. We also advise on the full range of legal and regulatory issues for institutional and alternative financial institutions and asset management firms internationally, and are recognised by the legal directories and the industry as being one of the leading firms in the sector.
The team comprises of lawyers with significant track records in both the Irish and international market as well as established reputations for technical and service excellence.
Our lawyers in Ireland also work closely with the firm's international network in a collegiate and integrated manner to provide comprehensive and tailored cross border advice.
- We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to equal opportunities in employment.
- We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
- At Simmons & Simmons we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are supportive of flexible working arrangements wherever possible and we would encourage you to discuss this with us, should this be something you are interested in.
All recruits of Simmons & Simmons will be required to go through our background screening process. Depending on the position you apply for this may include a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) certificate. We undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a DBS certificate on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. The firm's policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.