Simmons and Simmons are looking to recruit a Service Transition Analyst to join our growing IT department in Bristol.
Reporting into the Service Transition Manager, the successful candidate will ensure all new or amended Services are transitioned into the live service portfolio with minimum negative impact to service operations.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Effective transition of all new and amended services into live using agreed acceptance into service criteria
- Ensure the Service Catalogue is maintained by reviewing and, if necessary, updating all catalogue entries to reflect new or changed services
- Work closely with project managers to ensure that Service Transition requirements are incorporated into all projects
- Define requirements for all support, including acceptance into service and early life support based on agreed service and technical designs
- Ensure QA is carried out to expected levels, helping to building test scripts against design requirements as necessary
- Identify improvements to service transition processes; implement and embed them
- Drive a standard approach for new and amended applications or infrastructure to move from project phase to acceptance by the Service and Support Teams
- Identify and manage Service Transition risks and issues.
- Contribute to the communication of new and changed services to the business by providing relevant information to the IT Business Partners and Service Operations about new and changed services
- Provide information towards building business cases for new or changed products and services
- Support the effective delivery of the IT Change Management process, having a full working knowledge of all steps in order to provide cover for the Change Analyst as required
- Participate fully as a member of the Service Transition team
- Act as SME for IT in all areas of Service Transition
- Excellent understanding of ITIL with v3 foundation level as a minimum requirement
- A good understanding of project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince 2 and Agile IT best practice frameworks.
- A good understanding of configuration management including licensing models
- Previous use of service management tools (preferably ServiceNow) and Sharepoint would be an advantage
- Effective at building and sustaining relationships across all levels of the organisation, both within IT and beyond.
- Experience in acting as a point of reference to a delivery team, confident in working and negotiating with technical experts to ensure service transition is effectively delivered.
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, with the motivation to exceed expectations
- Excellent written, verbal and presenting skills
Our core employee benefits
- 25 days holiday (full time employees), this allowance increases with length of service
- Eligibility for our bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection insurance
- Access to various health and well-being benefits