Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Knowledge & Innovation team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. In light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, the firm has evolved a new hybrid approach to working, which sees our people working between their respective remote environments and our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as Knowledge and Innovation Assistant, within our London-based Knowledge and Innovation Team.
We are recruiting for a K&I Assistant to join the Knowledge and Innovation Department, based at the firm’s Head Office in London.
The Knowledge and Innovation department (K&I) is one of the Business Services groups in the firm, providing knowledge, information and research, legal tech, client innovation and legal project management support across the firm, working directly with fee earners, clients and suppliers.
K&I consists of three major teams; Knowledge and Innovation (KIT), Legal Project Management (LPM) and Information Services (IS) who work closely and collaboratively to deliver a comprehensive knowledge, information and support service to the firm.
The Knowledge & Innovation Assistant has a key role in supporting the Knowledge Systems Manager (part of KIT) with the co-ordination of the creation, capture and dissemination of know-how and information across the firm using the knowledge management (“KM”) system and firm-wide enterprise search.
The role also supports the wider Knowledge and Innovation department working on a range of information services, legal tech and innovation projects.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
The team are looking for someone to provide an efficient and professional service to all clients (internal and external) whilst ensuring the provision of an exceptionally high level of service. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting, maintaining and developing the KM system (including search) alongside the firm wide teams that maintain the content
- Collecting and analysing statistics for the KM system and Search, the suite of legal tech tools and the online information and research sources, producing reports to feed into pricing, supplier contract negotiation and other firm wide systems and processes
- Progressing and assisting with firm wide knowledge capture initiatives including processing internal and external bible collections, running e-bible drives, capturing hard and soft copy data stores, running the know how competition
- Maintaining the records of KM system activities, processes and guidance including online and in person training
- Running the regular content and regulatory maintenance processes within and surrounding the KM system
- Assisting with updates, upgrades, PoCs and pilots for the KM system, Legal Tech and Innovation and K&I
- Providing support to the wider K&I team, including:
- Hard copy collection management and loose leaf updating
- Help with ad hoc K&I projects
- Intranet support
- Firm wide training support.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Strong academic qualifications
- Experience/Interest in using visual tools to tell data stories clearly
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products, and an ability to learn new IT systems quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written, spoken and presentational
- Confidence to interact professionally with a broad range of people, including lawyers and members of Business Services of varying levels
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standard of professional ethics
- Team player, reliable, flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.