Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic business services team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,300 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted new protocols within the office and home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join our London-based Reprographics team as a Reprographics Operator to assist them with ensuring excellence is being delivered to the business.
We are recruiting a Reprographics Operator to work within the Reprographics Team on a 12-Month Fixed Term basis. The Team is part of the Facilities and Operations Department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London
The Reprographics Operator is responsible for the delivery of a range of Reprographics services, providing a first class service of quality and excellence.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below – there may be others which are not listed. This role is on an Evening pattern of Monday to Friday 15.00 - 23.00.
- Working as part of the Reprographics team to provide comprehensive support to all members of the firm;
- Reviewing all printing and scanning requests thoroughly, assessing the work and the deadline given in line with the Print Room Guidelines;
- Logging times for work in and work completed and sign off Print Room request sheets;
- Processing email requests via Outlook for electronic documents to be printed and finished;
- Scanning paper documents into files to create electronic documents, profiling documents if required;
- Ensuring all documents are prepared for processing including removing staples, binding, etc.;
- Processing printing, photocopying and finishing requests within given deadlines;
- Liaising with the internal client giving advice, guidance and solutions in a prompt manner;
- Delivering and collecting of work;
- Keeping equipment and the print room clean and tidy at all times, adhering to health and safety rules communicated by the Reprographics Manager or Reprographics Supervisor;
- Advising the Reprographics Manager or Reprographic Supervisor of significant events or problems which have arisen;
- Supporting the team and department strategy;
- Going the extra mile to ensure the provision of a consistently high standard of support for al clients;
- Carrying out manual handling duties in a safe manner by following appropriate systems of work laid down and by making proper use of the equipment provided;
- Liaising with contractors on jobs to ensure outsourced work meets the standards expected of the firm; and
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required.
Candidates for this position must have:
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment;
- Skill in both hardcopy and digital reprographic copying and finishing;
- Excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Professional;
- Experience of operating commercial print room equipment (both hardware and software);
- Experience of downloading documents or files from the internet or CDs for printing;
- Excellent client service skills;
- Ideally experience of working in an in-house legal print environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team with a client service focus;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines in a calm manner;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion;
- Ability to handle large volumes of work;
- Ideally experienced in e-Bible creation using HTML (Hyper Text Mark-up Language) format;
- Good attention to detail;
- Hard working and conscientious;
- Team player with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels across the firm;
- Support the team and department strategy;
- Going the extra mile to ensure the provision of a consistently high standard of support, where necessary, for all clients;
- Cooperate with the firm on health and safety matters;
- Positive attitude and flexible approach to duties;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- You may be required to cover any other hours as required;
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture; and
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standard of professional ethics.