Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground- breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package, for an ambitious individual to join our London- based Technology team ensuring excellence is being delivered to the business.
We are recruiting for an Organisational Change Manager (OCM) to join the Technology team, who will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
The firm is introducing a new Practice Management system, the OCM will be responsible for the activities required in order to accelerate adoption and minimise impact of the programme on the firm’s workforce and Partners. The individual will work closely with members of the various business services departments and relevant practice areas to ensure the new Technology is meeting the needs of the firm, making recommendations to avoid inconsistences, suggest additional services and take responsibility for communicating changes to the department.
The individual will have responsibility for engagement and communication initiatives designed to improve the delivery of Technology services to the firm.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
• Promote the vision with a benefit framework that links adoption of change to successful business outcomes.
• Employs a structured change management methodology to facilitate change and promote commitment to adapt to the change. Knows how to tailor this methodology to be culturally appropriate for the program.
• Prepares for change by assessing the magnitude of change and the firms change readiness.
• Identify critical change risks and develop mitigation plans for key transformational programmes
• Identifies pitfalls and potential points of challenge or change aversion. Develops strategies to mitigate or minimize potential issues.
• Conducts thorough methodological investigations to identify key stakeholders impacted by the change. Determines appropriate timing of that change. Conducts an environment scan to identify potential challenges for stakeholders, such as skills gaps, doubts and uncertainties, to foster a positive acceptance of change. Tailors change management plans (training and orientation) to accommodate the needs of the different stakeholder groups impacted.
• Creates and delivers a communications strategy and plan to ensure all employees are fully aware of impending changes.
• Works to create mechanisms to de-emphasize old behaviours and encourage new desired ones. This process may involve redesigning roles and defining new behavioural competencies and performance metrics.
• Conducts an impact assessment for stakeholders affected by the change items. Regularly reviews the stakeholder community to assess potential change fatigue.
• Identifies and provides leadership for change agents and change advocates within the stakeholder community by involving trusted informal leaders to create employee understanding and influence successful organizational change.
• Promotes and provides ongoing coaching and mentoring about change management practices to sponsors, stakeholder managers and project managers to increase their effectiveness in driving sustainable change.
• Gathers feedback from stakeholders to determine the success of change management activities and ensure that behavioural changes align with strategic objectives.
• Responsible for the development and delivery of the following for key programmes: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
Candidates for this position must have:
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively at a senior level;
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Strong ability to influence internal and external stakeholders;
• Self-starter that takes ownership of identified issues;
• Ability to delve into detail as well as analyse data;
• Extensive experience with communication and engagement strategies;
• Extremely organised with strong project management experience;
• Experience of working in a law firm or professional services environment.