Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of the Facilities and Operations Department, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,300 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity, for an ambitious individual to join our London-based Client Services team as an Audio Visual Technician to ensure excellence is being delivered to the business on a 12-month fixed term basis.
We are recruiting an Audio Visual (AV) Technician to work within the Client Services AV Team, forming part of the wider Business Services function and based at the firm’s Head Office in London.
Client Services are responsible for ensuring that the highest quality of service is provided, giving advice and support, and managing the client areas on both the first and ground floor.
The AV Team are responsible for providing audio and visual media for meetings and events for the whole firm. They are also are responsible for video conferencing, video editing, publication of various recorded presentations and the TV distribution system.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. This role will be on a shift pattern of 07.30-18.00 and require some working outside the normal working hours when the firm requires.
- Install specified Audio/Visual equipment into rooms (such as projectors, screens, televisions, video players, DVD players, plasma screens, flip charts, whiteboards, video cameras, portable video conference systems, audio conference phones, lecterns etc.).
- Install specified IT equipment into rooms (desktop PCs, laptops, printers, monitors, keyboards, mice etc.).
- Report faults to Audio Visual Manager and where necessary arrange with the service/maintenance provider to attend site to rectify.
- Provide technical support and advice for room users requiring network, broadband, Wi-Fi using the plug and play ports.
- Set up video conference calls, acting as liaison with external companies and maintaining records of these calls.
- Load up of presentations/documents onto laptops.
- Remove all equipment from rooms after end of session.
- Provide room user support for the AV systems in the rooms and throughout the building.
- Provide technical support for MediaStar TV distribution system and change channels as requested.
- Provide support and where required training on the Audio/Visual equipment to internal or external users. 1st line maintenance of
- Maintain store of Audio/ Visual equipment and regularly test that it is operational.
- Deal with equipment requests and make/edit/amend bookings for equipment on Manhattan space scheduling.
- 1st line maintenance of Audio/ Visual equipment e.g. changing projector lamps, cleaning air filters.
- Provide support for Partners’ meetings, internal and external events on site when Audio/Visual equipment has been set up.
- Actively liaise with all Client Facilities departments, learning and development, premises and technology to resolve issues relating to the rooms (e.g. facility faults, booking queries).
- Check that all areas are clean, tidy and liaise with relevant persons to ensure standards are maintained.
- Set up and support Video and Audio recording of sessions when requested and provide copies of this in required format.
- Set up and support Video and Audio recording sessions for editing and production purposes.
- Create on line training sessions using Qumu combining Video and Audio footage with PowerPoint.
- Undertake video editing of captured footage of recorded sessions using Adobe Premiere Pro where required, to provide a seamless, professionally produced edit to be used with Qumu for viewing on Intranet or other media format.
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Audio/Visual and video conference equipment.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS certification or willingness to attain it.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, spoken and presentational), working well within a team.
- Strong focus on adding value to the firm, remaining solution focused when dealing with challenges.
- Ability to deal with multiple demands, including prioritising conflicting demands whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively within the team, the wider department and stakeholders as well as independently.
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics and self-awareness.
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken including good use of grammar.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals.
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative.
- Flexibility with hours is necessary when the work of the firm requires it.
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles.
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.
- Well presented, requirement to wear uniform in line with the firms grooming guidelines.