Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as an Azure Integration Developer, in our leading London-based Technology Team.
We are recruiting for an experienced Azure Integration Developer to join the Technology Department on a 1 year fixed-term contract.
The person in this role will work closely with the Technology department and other key stakeholders from across the business to understand technical requirements, in order to develop and maintain integrations within the firm’s Azure Integrations implementation.
The role will sit within the Technology Development team which is headed by the IT Development Manager and is comprised of 20 Developers and Technical Product Owners.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Azure Integration development – to provide expertise in the design, architecture and development of Azure integrations, as well Data Factory and Logic App solutions.
- Work closely with architects, data engineers and the technical owners of the various systems to develop high quality integrations.
- Azure Integration maintenance and support – work quickly and effectively to resolve problems in the production environment, and enhance solutions where required.
- Work closely with third-party vendors to understand and maintain their integration and master data management implementations.
- Share knowledge and train existing development team members to help them develop skills in the technologies.
- Build strong relationships and liaise closely with the business owners of the solutions to understand and gather ongoing business requirements, for future analysis by the business analysts.
- Offer support on product functionality to the business analysts to enhance product features and identify new use-cases.
- Engage fully with the vendor, developing an indepth knowledge of their roadmap.
- Ensure solutions are secure, well maintained and complaint with internal governance.
- Implement all aspects of an application’s lifecycle: secure design, coding, security, encryption, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development, and testing.
Candidates for this position must have the following skills:
- Expert knowledge of Azure Integrations including Data Factory and Logic Apps.
- Extensive experience of developing and enhancing integrations.
- Strong SQL development skills.
- Experience of the Microsoft development stack; including C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio, TFS and SQL Server.
- Practical experience of data warehousing would be an advantage.
- Experience of master data management solutions is desirable.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience would be an advantage.
- Experience working with key business stakeholders to derive functional and
- technical requirements, and turning these into technical designs and working solutions.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, preferably with experience working in an ISO 27001 accredited development team.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving approach.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Pro-active and accountable.
- Works well within a team.
- Displays the highest standard of professional ethics.