Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Real Estate is a key focus of our business. From investment and management of existing assets to major development and regeneration schemes, about 60% of our lawyers practice full-time in the sector across a wide range of disciplines including investment, finance, development, construction, asset management, planning, environmental and dispute resolution. We are ranked by The Lawyer as having one of the UK's Top 15 Real Estate practices overall.
What you'll be doing
- Negotiation of deeds of grant of rights, easements and wayleaves, substation leases and transfers;
- Dealing with adoption agreements for roads, sewers, and open spaces;
- Routine property and conveyancing transactions; small disposals and acquisitions; land swaps.
- Assisting with completions, Land Registry applications and requisitions, SDLT returns;
- Assisting solicitors and partners on property and developments transactions for housing associations and developers;
- Assisting on residential conveyancing matters;
- Providing excellent and timely client service;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with the firm's procedures, including Lexcel.
- Assisting on Real Estate security and charging transactions;
- Assisting with portfolio acquisitions and disposals
- Auction sales and purchases;
- Assisting with plot sales and conveyancing.
What you'll need
The firm operates a paralegal career structure which sets out the competencies we expect of those at this level, and beyond. In particular, for this role we require:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and a commitment to service delivery; and
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Flexibility and a can do attitude.
- Excellent academic record;
- The role would suit a candidate with some property experience or paralegal experience
- Prior experience in real estate work in private practice, ideally with experience of development matters, is beneficial;
- Good team player.
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual orientation.