Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Change Management & Internal Comms supporting IT
To successfully manage and deliver IT change communications to the Firm, includes the global delivery of Microsoft Teams and information security initiative communications.
Role: Communications Senior Executive - 12 month FTC
Reporting to: Communications Manager
- Working with the Change & Business Improvement function to deliver the communications strategy for the firm's IT change initiatives
- Working with the Communications Manager to develop and execute the communications narrative and messages for IT, adapting for different audiences and gaining sign off from stakeholders.
- Building relationships with Project Managers and Change Managers to understand the key milestones and associated comms across the IT initiatives.
- Brings communications expertise to the project team and raise awareness of the benefits of managing communications effectively.
- Liaison with the firm's Internal Communications team and coordination with communication plans for other strategic initiatives.
- Ensure comms are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Produce media content including video recordings and podcasts as required
- Works with the IT teams to produce content for firm-wide strategic updates.
- Inputs to internal programme team communications to ensure knowledge and updates from all initiatives are shared and upholds a sense of cohesion (Programme community)
- Ensures communication plans across multiple projects are kept up to date.
- Liaising with the design team to ensure appropriate materials are delivered on time.
- Updating content for online channels, manages updates to the Change & Business Improvement intranet for IT.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to take complex messages and turn them into simple, easy to understand communications
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure
- Ability to adapt and quickly pickup new ways of working
- Experience working in internal communications and with IT functions
- Evidence of building strong and lasting relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience of managing or supporting a communications plan
- An understanding of change management and project management principles
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels both verbally and in writing
- Experienced in dealing with ambiguity and adapting to changing circumstances
- Excellent communication skills
- Uses initiative - proactive and has a 'can do' approach
- Effective time management
- Ability to bring podcast and video content to life, using storytelling techniques
Desired skills and experience:
- Worked with IT teams to deliver communications, particularly Microsoft Teams implementation or information security initiatives
- Strong experience of using communication tools and applications to create content
- Script writing
- Ability to build internal company websites that entice the intended audience
- CMS and/or SharePoint experience