Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
To provide admin assistance to Head of IT functions and Programme Manager IT Project Management teams.
- Support Programme Manager (50%) in coordination of daily schedules and task lists
- Create, maintain, monitor and administer resource plans for IT
- Co-ordinate project resources, information, rooms and equipment.
- Produce weekly and monthly Project, Programme and resource plans;
- Provide guidance to project teams;
- Create, maintain, monitor and administer integrated project plans
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
- Capture and present information from programme and project meetings
- Support PMO with maintenance of Programme budget sheets
- Support PMO with project change requests, ensuring they are raised and assessed as required
- Support PMO to track and report overall progress on projects and programmes
- Support PMO with maintenance of the programme and project documentation libraries
- Support PMO to ensure projects adhere to the project framework and that all documentation is maintained appropriately
- Ensure that all documentation approvals and project artefacts are stored in the project documentation library;
- Facilitate and manage the IT resource management process;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience working as a project planner or co-ordinator as part of a busy programme management team, ideally within a law firm;
- Working within a structured project framework;
- Experience of ensuring that projects are run in compliance with the Firm's requirements;
- Proven experience in:
- providing guidance to project teams;
- maintaining and integrating project plans;
- maintaining and integrating resource plans
- tracking and reporting overall progress of projects and programmes;
- maintaining the project documentation library;
- monitoring resource utilisation;
- Good understanding of soft skills involved in liaising with project managers and other staff members;
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure;
- Able to learn and understand processes used within the department;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good working Knowledge of Microsoft environments; - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of the project lifecycle;
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations;
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills;
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
Desired skills and experience:
- Prince 2 or similar project methodologies;
- Excellent Working Knowledge of Microsoft environments; - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project