Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
This newly created role will lead our internal Sustainability Programme as part of the firm's broader ESG Strategy.
This role reports to the Operations Director and our Global ESG Partner, both based in London.
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 5.30pm. You may be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out duties and to meet specific deadlines.
- Partner with the ESG @Ashurst Group to lead the operationalisation of Ashurst's Global internal Sustainability strategy
- Establishes and maintains appropriate governance structures in order to achieve Sustainability goals including managing resources, issues, risks, dependencies and action tracking
- Provide technical support on issues related to Carbon data capture and other areas relevant to Sustainability campaigns
- Provide support and expertise to the ESG Coordination Group on external initiatives where appropriate
- Collaborate with our Capability, Profile and Infrastructure working group to ensure our internal ESG agenda is effectively represented
- Produce effective and compelling Reports which track progress towards Goals, ensuring risks are mitigated in a timely manner
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience establishing and driving Corporate Sustainability initiatives across a large-scale organisation
- Demonstrable experience of project management working in consultancy or professional services/legal firms
- Previous experience working in a global environment and across multiple time-zones
- Experience with the whole project lifecycle including scoping, scheduling, costing, resourcing, change, communications, quality and risk
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressured, detail-oriented environment
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint
APM, PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent project management certifications
Desired skills and experience:
- Understanding of the structure and environment of a law firm
- Qualifications in Sustainability, Environmental Management or related discipline